WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

spie

May 9, 2012
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I've got the same issues you were having.
However I cannot find those executables you described. could you describe the actions you took to fix this?

MarkW

Portal Member
April 24, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hmmm... it was a while ago now, and because I uninstalled it completely, I can't remember the directory where the troublesome files were.

Your best bet might be to do a search of your Program Files folder for "HCW.exe". If you have it (and you wont necessarily have it!) then try renaming it (e.g. HCW.exe.BAKUP) and rebooting your machine, then see if you can connect.

If you don't have HCW, then clearly you're having problems for a different reason than I was :-(

Good luck!!

spie

May 9, 2012
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I tried that but it did not work.
tried the troubeshooter for ampdroid on the wiki but no success for the wifiremote. video streaming is working fine though.

could anyone help me troubeshoot this issue?

spie

May 9, 2012
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
reinstalled it all now the democlient will connect but my android has no functionality.

Ragman

Portal Member
June 29, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Anyone actively using this with a Pronto remote?
I'm looking to do this and any tips or premade configs would be fantastic help :)

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I don't have any experience with this remote.
    If you have specific questions about WifiRemote maybe we can help ...

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a pronto tsu remote that I use for tcp/ip control of MP, not with wirfiRemote though. WifiRemote didnt exist when I configure the solution I use. I Instead use girder with a lua script tcp server in combination with the MP plugin for girder. On the pronto side there is a small javascript that handles the sockets and commands to send. I only use it for one way communication.

Right now the only benifit of my setup is that then I can control MP through two clients at once because they use different tcp ports. The clients are pronto and Eve on an IPad. The later uses WifiRemote. I would also be intersted in Pronto configs that utilize WifiRemote, its for me right now not worth the time to spend on it. It shouldnt be hard to get working. RemoteCentral forum has a lot of scripts posted that handle the tcp connection.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 0.7.0 released!
    • Better Integration of MpExtended
    • Support notification plugin
    • Improved TV support
    Thanks to DieBagger and johanj for their work on this version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom