WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can you please upload version 7.0 - 7.1 is not working for me - producing the immediate stop error when watching TV

You can still download 0.7 from google code: http://code.google.com/p/wifiremote/downloads/detail?name=WifiRemote_0.7.0.mpe1
    Can you please give some details on your setup? TV server installed locally? Are you using 4tr/argus? Does the crash happen when wifiremote is deactivated?

Local Installation, Only MePo. When Wifi is deactivated TV is working, when activated it stopps after a second or so. Startet happening with 0.7.1
    Did you install 0.7 and is it working now again? If the excact same setup is working with 0.7 but not with 0.7.1 we should be abe to figure out why by looking at the code changes.

Can you try to disable other plugins (maybe there is some problem in combination with another plugin), eg. MusicInfoHandler and see if the issue still happens?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    So - disabling all the plugins doesn't have any effect - 0.70 is working fine.

Last edited:

MacGyverek

Portal Pro
    January 27, 2010
    Rydułtowy
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Can you add to wifi remote a function who disable a screen power on.

I am using a aMPdroid and when aMPdroid is connected to WifiRemote then plugin power on monitor(screen). I am very often using my HTPC to listen music and I have screen off. My HTPC have a small LCD (Thermaltake DH102 box). Could you add a options for disable a power on monitor after connections?? Old version WifiRemote not have this function - power on monitor. Thx

kcosta

Portal Member
    May 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Same boat here.

Installed 0.7.1 and got an error:

2012-12-12 21:59:58.601157 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: PluginManager: WifiRemote.WifiRemote is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

Removed 0.7.1 and reinstalled 0.7. It's working again.

Boiler

Portal Pro
    July 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Is there some obvious reason why the WiFiRemote plugin isn't showing up in the MP Config/plugins? I'm using the Wifi installer and I've verified it's location. I'll pull logs when I have the chance, but is it something simple? It was working then just stopped.

Did you activate expert view in config?

Duh.

I must have accidentally clicked it. Thanks...........

err... i have expert view activated in MP but i don't see the Wifiremote Plugin????

EDIT: okay, i de-installed 0.7.1 and installed 0.7.0 and now i can see the plugin in MP config. also, Ampdroid works now!

Last edited:

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Can anyone please add the ports in wiki needed to open in HTPC's firewall in order to be able use the remote functions?

I used to be able to use AMPdroid to control remote functions with v0.6x. But in current version, it says Remote Connected but does not do anything in MP when pressing remote functions.
    Or is this something to be discussed in AMPdroid's topic?

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WifiRemote needs 8017 and MPExtended 4322.

Anyway, if aMPdroid says the remote is connected, WifiRemote probably works fine and you'll have better luck in the aMPdroid toipc ;)

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Can anyone please add the ports in wiki needed to open in HTPC's firewall in order to be able use the remote functions?

I used to be able to use AMPdroid to control remote functions with v0.6x. But in current version, it says Remote Connected but does not do anything in MP when pressing remote functions.
    Or is this something to be discussed in AMPdroid's topic?
    Maybe the WifiRemote.xml mapping file is missing?

UNOPARATOR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 19, 2007
    Istanbul
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    WifiRemote.xml file exists when search for it.
    Code:
    C:\>dir WifiRemote.xml /s
    Volume in drive C is SYSTEM
    Volume Serial Number is 028E-31CF

Directory of C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings

11/24/2012  02:12 PM            21,135 WifiRemote.xml
                  1 File(s)        21,135 bytes

Directory of C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\d2277c74-fdce-4146-9e23-d080d1799f72\0.7.1.0\BackUp\%Base%\defaults\InputDeviceMappings

11/24/2011  12:23 AM            20,969 WifiRemote.xml
                  1 File(s)        20,969 bytes

Directory of C:\Users\All Users\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Installer\V2\d2277c74-fdce-4146-9e23-d080d1799f72\0.7.1.0\BackUp\%Base%\defaults\InputDeviceMappin
    gs

11/24/2011  12:23 AM            20,969 WifiRemote.xml
                  1 File(s)        20,969 bytes

Total Files Listed:
                  3 File(s)        63,073 bytes
                  0 Dir(s)  23,217,774,592 bytes free

I rechecked Windows Firewall settings and the ports you mentioned are allowed which I manually entered when previous versions.

Tardar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Where can i get the tool to configure WifiRemote ? ;(
    I installed the plugin but i can't configure it :(

edit:
    i found it - pls delete this post :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread