WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
When you use the WifiRemote Plugin under Mediaportal 1.4 pre Release you get a bug. When you open a saved Playlist the loading boar does not diaspear. And it only happens when your plugin is enable.

rickd

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
Hi I want to use iRule to control mepo with wifiremote. iRule supports ip or http and works great with the xbmc json capability. I would like to start simple and just inject commands and receive some simple feedback on now playing etc. What is required to for ip eg here is the command for xbmc json

jsonrpc?request=%7B%22jsonrpc%22%3A%222.0%22%2C%22method%22%3A%22Input.Back%22%2C%22id%22%3A1%7D
This works in irule for xbmc. give protocol is similar

what formating would work for wifiremote for json command as follows would this require
http://<ipaddress:port for wifiremote>/jsonrpc?request=

{
2 "Type":"key",
3 "Key":"h"
}

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi I want to use iRule to control mepo with wifiremote. iRule supports ip or http and works great with the xbmc json capability. I would like to start simple and just inject commands and receive some simple feedback on now playing etc. What is required to for ip eg here is the command for xbmc json

Hi rickd,

WifiRemote is using a direct socket connection between client and server, not the HTTP protocol used by other webservices. This allows us to have an open connection between server and clients without any tricks, so we can deliver information and commands in both directions without polling and the like.

So the short answer is you can't just call an URL and be done with it. Please have a look at the wiki (commands and messages) and at the DemoClient (written in c#). That should get you going. Feel free to ask any questions or to extend the wiki if it lacks any information you find interesting.

rickd

Portal Pro
    October 9, 2007

Hi rickd,

WifiRemote is using a direct socket connection between client and server, not the HTTP protocol used by other webservices. This allows us to have an open connection between server and clients without any tricks, so we can deliver information and commands in both directions without polling and the like.

So the short answer is you can't just call an URL and be done with it. Please have a look at the wiki (commands and messages) and at the DemoClient (written in c#). That should get you going. Feel free to ask any questions or to extend the wiki if it lacks any information you find interesting.

Thanks so all i need to do is setup my ip addresss and port for wifi remote and then send ip stream for a command once a connection is made like :

{"Type":"key",
    "Key":"h"}

or in iRule context converts to URL encode

%7B%22Type%22%3A%22key%22%2C%0D%22Key%22%3A%22h%22%7D%0D

sweborn

Extension Designer
    June 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Is it possible to make the plugin compatible with MePo 1.5?
    Code:
    [2013-09-01 01:12:54,385] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: WifiRemote.WifiRemote is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to make the plugin compatible with MePo 1.5?
    Code:
    [2013-09-01 01:12:54,385] [Error  ] [MPMain  ] [ERROR] - PluginManager: WifiRemote.WifiRemote is tagged as incompatible with the current MediaPortal version and won't be loaded!
    Will need to install 1.5 and have a look.

WumpE

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 26, 2013
    Torgau
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi guys, how can I start a cable Radio channel?

the id is 1253!
    new MessageStartChannel(1253,false) don't work but all other works fine

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Not sure if it's included in latest release or only in SVN, but you should be able to start a radio channel(both TV-card or web-channel) with

{Type:"playradiochannel", ChannelId:id}

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom