WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (2 Viewers)

Kevin Penny

Portal Member
January 31, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
Why not use the 'nowplaying' message? It includes much more info about the playing media. I'm not using the 'Title' from the 'status' message myself.

Highlighted is what I mean about 'Title' not being populated right on start

Here is the message once the mp3 starts playing: (note title is "")
Received message: {"Type":"status","IsPlaying":true,"IsPaused":false,"IsPlayerOnTop":false,"Title":"","CurrentModule":"Music/playlist","SelectedItem":"Rihanna - Right Now (feat. David Guetta)","WindowId":500}

Here is the 'nowplaying' message with less relevant Artist - Title information than the final 'status' message below
Received message: {"Type":"nowplaying","Duration":181,"File":"N:\\Music\\Trance\\Compilations\\2013 Mix\\Rihanna\\Unapologetic (Deluxe Version)\\07 Right Now (feat. David Guetta).m4a","Position":0,"IsTv":false,"IsFullscreen":false,"MediaInfo":{"MediaType":"music","MpExtId":"-1","MpExtMediaType":1,"MpExtProviderId":4,"ItemId":-1,"Album":"","AlbumArtist":"","Artist":"","BitRate":0,"BitRateMode":"","BPM":0,"Channels":0,"Codec":"","Comment":"","Composer":"","Conductor":"","DateTimeModified":"\/Date(-62135575200000-0600)\/","DateTimePlayed":"\/Date(-62135575200000-0600)\/","DiscId":0,"DiscTotal":0,"Duration":0,"Genre":"","Lyrics":"","Rating":0,"SampleRate":0,"TimesPlayed":0,"Title":"","Track":0,"TrackTotal":0,"URL":"","WebImage":"","Year":0,"ImageName":""}}

Here is the status message after the now playing message runs through..giving me 'Title' information for the playing track
Received message: {"Type":"status","IsPlaying":true,"IsPaused":false,"IsPlayerOnTop":false,"Title":"Right Now (feat. David Guetta)","CurrentModule":"Music/playlist","SelectedItem":"Rihanna - Right Now (feat. David Guetta)","WindowId":500}

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I use the nowplaying message myself and the MediaInfo.Title. I wonder if the issue is that you use a drive letters instead of UNC shares and that MPExtended do not find the MediaInfo. Do you have MPExtended installed? If so, please configure the share as UNC and run the service with a user account that has access to the share.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Why not use the 'nowplaying' message? It includes much more info about the playing media. I'm not using the 'Title' from the 'status' message myself.

I guess what you are experiencing is a timing issue. The status message gets the title from the MediaPortal skin: https://github.com//WifiRemote/blob/develop/Sources/WifiRemote/Messages/MessageStatus.cs#L96
    When you press play and the status message is sent the title property in the skin is probably not yet set. We are doing some "delayed" status messages in other parts of WifiRemote, maybe that would be a solution for this problem.

The nowplaying message is filled with a Song object from MediaPortal that is retrieved by this method: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Databases/Music/MusicDatabase.Lookups.cs#L400
    Not sure what's happening here in your case because if there was no Song the MediaInfo object should be null, not empty. Do you have any debug log messages that look like this?

Log.Error("MusicDatabase: Lookups: GetSongByFileName failed - strFileName: {2} - err:{0} stack:{1}", ex.Message,
    ex.StackTrace, strFileName);

rheilgm

April 29, 2014
    Dallas, Texas
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hello there, I planning to create a Remote control app for android using this WifiRemote Plugin, Just want some advice on how to connect via a Websocket? i use phonegap for my app. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Kevin Penny

Portal Member
    January 31, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

I guess what you are experiencing is a timing issue. The status message gets the title from the MediaPortal skin: https://github.com//WifiRemote/blob/develop/Sources/WifiRemote/Messages/MessageStatus.cs#L96
    When you press play and the status message is sent the title property in the skin is probably not yet set. We are doing some "delayed" status messages in other parts of WifiRemote, maybe that would be a solution for this problem.

The nowplaying message is filled with a Song object from MediaPortal that is retrieved by this method: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...Databases/Music/MusicDatabase.Lookups.cs#L400
    Not sure what's happening here in your case because if there was no Song the MediaInfo object should be null, not empty. Do you have any debug log messages that look like this?

Log.Error("MusicDatabase: Lookups: GetSongByFileName failed - strFileName: {2} - err:{0} stack:{1}", ex.Message,
    ex.StackTrace, strFileName);

I guess I'm not sure how to go about viewing the log - I turned the debugging to ERROR in the Media Portal Configuration but I didn't see where the log was located. I'm also trying to get an 'image' status message and cannot see when that happens while I'm either navigating nor playing mp3's (to invoke an image reference)[DOUBLEPOST=1398829294][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I use the nowplaying message myself and the MediaInfo.Title. I wonder if the issue is that you use a drive letters instead of UNC shares and that MPExtended do not find the MediaInfo. Do you have MPExtended installed? If so, please configure the share as UNC and run the service with a user account that has access to the share.

I tried running Team Media Portal as 'Administrator' which didn't help. Yes MPExtended is installed.I can try some alternatives regarding permissions etc. But I can get the data i.e. file name etc now.

NewbieFromHell

Portal Member
    July 10, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Evening, just updated to 1.7 MP and my wifi remote has stopped working :( i have reinstalled a couple of times but nothing is showing up in the process plug-ins

Code:
    [2014-05-10 19:46:42,455] [Config ] [Config Main] [DEBUG] - PluginsNew: loadPlugins C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Plugins\process\WifiRemote.dll

seems to be loading ok in the configuration log any ideas ??

also if i try and run the wifi remote config from the MPE installation it crashes, everything else is working just the wifi remote

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.4.1 [2011-08-19]

After studying the Sourcecode i found a solution for the JIT-Error.

Got to your Mediaportal "User Files" Folder.

Open the MediaPortal.xml file with the Editor and delete the whole wifiremote section.

In my case the section looked as shown here:
    Code:
    <section name="WifiRemote">
        <entry name="port">8017</entry>
        <entry name="disableBonjour">no</entry>
        <entry name="serviceName">WOHNZIMMER-PC</entry>
        <entry name="username">yUQBuXZA91s=</entry>
        <entry name="password">yUQBuXZA91s=</entry>
        <entry name="passcode">yUQBuXZA91s=</entry>
        <entry name="auth">0</entry>
        <entry name="autologinTimeout">0</entry>
        <entry name="savedPlugins">88884|Extra Menu|16002|GeckoBrowser|7972|HTPC Info|16000|InfoService|96742|Moving Pictures|9811|MP-TV Series|5900|My Trailers|88889|Skin Info|196200|StreamedMP Configuration|87258|Trakt|1|TV|88883|Watch Menu|16002|WebBrowser|0|Home|501|Music|2|Pictures|7890|Last.fm Radio|4|Settings|2600|Weather</entry>
        <entry name="ignoredPlugins">-1|0|3005|730716</entry>
      </section>

After saving the xml File the configuration should work again.

I'm having this problem with 1.7.1 and WiFi Remote 0.8.2.1, the first time I enter config it works fine but if I try to access it again I get the JIT "An item with the same key has already been added." error. Deleting the entry above from MediaPortal.xml solves the problem but only for the first time I open the plugin config...

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.4.1 [2011-08-19]

After studying the Sourcecode i found a solution for the JIT-Error.

Got to your Mediaportal "User Files" Folder.

Open the MediaPortal.xml file with the Editor and delete the whole wifiremote section.

In my case the section looked as shown here:
    Code:
    <section name="WifiRemote">
        <entry name="port">8017</entry>
        <entry name="disableBonjour">no</entry>
        <entry name="serviceName">WOHNZIMMER-PC</entry>
        <entry name="username">yUQBuXZA91s=</entry>
        <entry name="password">yUQBuXZA91s=</entry>
        <entry name="passcode">yUQBuXZA91s=</entry>
        <entry name="auth">0</entry>
        <entry name="autologinTimeout">0</entry>
        <entry name="savedPlugins">88884|Extra Menu|16002|GeckoBrowser|7972|HTPC Info|16000|InfoService|96742|Moving Pictures|9811|MP-TV Series|5900|My Trailers|88889|Skin Info|196200|StreamedMP Configuration|87258|Trakt|1|TV|88883|Watch Menu|16002|WebBrowser|0|Home|501|Music|2|Pictures|7890|Last.fm Radio|4|Settings|2600|Weather</entry>
        <entry name="ignoredPlugins">-1|0|3005|730716</entry>
      </section>

After saving the xml File the configuration should work again.

I'm having this problem with 1.7.1 and WiFi Remote 0.8.2.1, the first time I enter config it works fine but if I try to access it again I get the JIT "An item with the same key has already been added." error. Deleting the entry above from MediaPortal.xml solves the problem but only for the first time I open the plugin config...

Looks like it's this line causing the problem

Code:
    <entry name="savedPlugins">-1|DriveFreeSpace|3001|Play Disc|3001|DVD Shortcut|30885|Search music|0|Home|501|Music|2|Pictures|4|Settings|7777|Sudoku|7776|Tetris|3005|Topbar|6|Videos|31415|IMDbPlus|16000|InfoService|757278|LogoManager|96742|Moving Pictures|9811|MP-TV Series|801|Extensions|4755|OnlineVideos|47286|Rockstar|165100|Titan Skin Updater|30|Radio|1|TV|79770|World Weather Lite</entry>

removing -1|DriveFreeSpace and possibly 3001|DVD Shortcut so it looks like

Code:
    <entry name="savedPlugins">3001|Play Disc|30885|Search music|0|Home|501|Music|2|Pictures|4|Settings|7777|Sudoku|7776|Tetris|3005|Topbar|6|Videos|31415|IMDbPlus|16000|InfoService|757278|LogoManager|96742|Moving Pictures|9811|MP-TV Series|801|Extensions|4755|OnlineVideos|47286|Rockstar|165100|Titan Skin Updater|30|Radio|1|TV|79770|World Weather Lite</entry>

seems to have cured it. Happy days.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Shukuyen
    Mediaportal crashed when coming from resume today. The crash was caused by wifiremote. Any clue to prevent this from happening again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom