WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

Eggert

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 23, 2005
    Hi Shukuyen,

I just found another message when there was an error playing the music file:
    Code:
    {"Heading":"","DialogText":"Abspielen nicht möglich: Hilary Hahn (Violinist), Edgar Meyer and Samuel Barber - Samuel Barber - Violin Concerto Op. 14, I Allegro","DialogType":"Dialog Ok","DialogId":2002,"DialogValue":0,"AvailableActions":["ok","cancel"]}

No, I can only be 100% sure if I get that compiled DLL with LOGs turned on. :)
    If you have one, I'd try it.

Regards,
    Eggert

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Shukuyen,

I just found another message when there was an error playing the music file:
    Code:
    {"Heading":"","DialogText":"Abspielen nicht möglich: Hilary Hahn (Violinist), Edgar Meyer and Samuel Barber - Samuel Barber - Violin Concerto Op. 14, I Allegro","DialogType":"Dialog Ok","DialogId":2002,"DialogValue":0,"AvailableActions":["ok","cancel"]}

No, I can only be 100% sure if I get that compiled DLL with LOGs turned on. :)
    If you have one, I'd try it.

Regards,
    Eggert

That's part of the message with type "dialog". I have the impression there is something wrong with how your client parses the messages.
    I will release the next WifiRemote version now and upload a dll with debug code for you. Will PM you a download link soon™

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    WifiRemote 0.8.3 released!

Changelog:
    • Bumped server version to 17
    • Added possibility to add music to playlist from file (thanks @johanj )
    • Added possibility to add music to playlist from folder (thanks @johanj )
    • Fixed order of tracks when adding albums to playlist (thanks, @Kucheek )
    • Fixed crash that could happen when the Bonjour service was tried to be published multiple times with bad timing
    • Fixed crash when plugins with identical IDs are read from MediaPortal config

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is there a way to make a client with out bonjour. The one I have in mind is a set it and forget it fixed device. It will have all the remote functions and a small text display for feed back.
    Yes, bonjour is totally optional. You can even hardcode the server address in your client.

markcar_2000

Portal Pro
    July 7, 2009
    new york
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    .[/QUOTE]
    Yes, bonjour is totally optional. You can even hardcode the server address in your client.[/QUOTE]
    Sweet I'm slow to build it but I think mediaportal really needs a set-top box and going over the network seems better then usb.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, bonjour is totally optional. You can even hardcode the server address in your client.[/QUOTE]
    Sweet I'm slow to build it but I think mediaportal really needs a set-top box and going over the network seems better then usb.[/QUOTE]
    Sounds good, let me know if you have any questions!

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would like to pass a very simple Wifiremote command via a HTTP URL. Something like {"type":"command", "command":"pauze"}. I want to use this when my doorbel rings > home automation server > execute scene (via LUA) > pauze TV

Before encoding the URL I would expect to have something like: HTTP://serverIP:port/{"type":"command", "command":"pauze"}

Would this work? If not what is the easiest way to get this done?

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    It's a tcp/ip interface so it will not work with a HTTP request. You need to open a tcp socket.

TyfoonGT

Portal Member
    August 7, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @johanj; I now testing the commands by getting to the service via TELNET (so I can start seeing how I can program this in LUUP). I have switched off authentication. When I try to execute a command I get the following response;

Trying 192.168.1.40...

Connected to 192.168.1.40.

Escape character is '^]'.

{"Type":"welcome","Server_Version":12,"AuthMethod":0,"MPExtendedServicesInstalled":{"MAS":true,"TAS":true,"WSS":true}}

{"type":"command", "command":"pause"} <<--- My command

{"Type":"authenticationresponse","Success":false,"ErrorMessage":"You need to authenticate yourself.","AutologinKey":null}

{"Type":"welcome","Server_Version":12,"AuthMethod":0,"MPExtendedServicesInstalled":{"MAS":true,"TAS":true,"WSS":true}}
    This suggests there is a still an authentication problem. Suggestions on how to proceed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom