WifiRemote - a tcp remote control server 0.8.3 [2014-07-20] (1 Viewer)

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    And it does work without issues when disabling WifiRemote?

A quick look at yout log says show a huge amount of errors in StreamMP skin with missing weather icons. The crach is out of memory.

petecallaghan

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Johan. If I disable WifiRemote it appears to work fine. I didn't spot the other issues, but I have recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 8.1 and had to disable sleep on the LAN card to avoid network problems.

And it does work without issues when disabling WifiRemote?

A quick look at yout log says show a huge amount of errors in StreamMP skin with missing weather icons. The crach is out of memory.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Ok, thanks.

What you have posted might be enough but could you disable all other plugins, restart MP and reproduce the the issue so we get clean logs?

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I upgraded to 1.10 and now mp crashes at the end of the first song. logs attached. any ideas?
    It looks like you are using an outdated WifiRemote version (0.7.1.0, 0.8.3 is current). I remember fixing a bug like this some months ago. See the first post in this thread on where to get the latest version.

petecallaghan

Portal Member
    January 15, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    for some reason i did have an old version. Updating via MP installer did not replace the old file so I manually deleted it, and the error is gone. The new file reports version 8.2.0 in file properties, not 8.3.0, despite being installed from latest version MPEI file.Thanks for your help.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello,
    Is there a version of the Demo Client source that includes the PlayFile command? I've been working with the Demo Client code, but have been unable to sort out how to send PlayFile (I'm a VB programmer and not c#). Are there any examples out there?

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that wifi remote is the only way to start a specific video file from outside of MediaPortal. Is that correct?

GillBates

Portal Member
    September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Mexico Mexico
    Hello,
    Is there a version of the Demo Client source that includes the PlayFile command? I've been working with the Demo Client code, but have been unable to sort out how to send PlayFile (I'm a VB programmer and not c#). Are there any examples out there?

Unless I'm missing something, it appears that wifi remote is the only way to start a specific video file from outside of MediaPortal. Is that correct?

Tracy, I had a project (ASP.Net MVC) that used that functionality, I just have to search a bit to find it if you need to check it out (it's on my work comp, and I'm off for the weekend).
    If you're developing in VB.Net and need to translate some C# code check out http://converter.telerik.com it's a free code converter between C# and VB.Net from the fine folk at Telerik. Or you could also check out http://www.icsharpcode.net/opensource/sd/ which can convert full projects from one language to another.
    Please send me a PM to remind me to search my work computer for the code.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    Thank you. I actually ran the code through a converter shortly after I posted the question above. It doesn't build, but having that VB code helps a lot. I'm going to see if I can figure it out sometime this weekend.
    I'm actually trying to add this to a touch application that runs on a second monitor on the same local computer. I've got 90% of what I need using the Message plugin, but needed a way to launch specific videos. This will be used by small children, so I'm trying to give them buttons for their movies.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm actually trying to add this to a touch application that runs on a second monitor on the same local computer. I've got 90% of what I need using the Message plugin, but needed a way to launch specific videos. This will be used by small children, so I'm trying to give them buttons for their movies.
    That's a great idea, I like it!
    I don't think "play file" is in the demo client. But it should be easy once you are able to send any command. Just replace the JSON sent with something like this:
    JavaScript:
    {
        "Type":"playfile",
        "FileType":"video",
        "Filepath":"Path to the file to play"
    }

If you want to play a MovingPictures video or MP-TVSeries episode there are other commands for that. You can find a list of all available commands here.

Tracy Oakley

Portal Member
    January 23, 2015
    Home Country
    This is what the Demo code is generating for me once I created the class for PlayFile and called it. It doesn't work. Am I missing something?

{\"Type\":\"playfile\",\"FileType\":\"video\",\"Filepath\":\"c:\\\\Users\\\\Public\\\\Videos\\\\Aladdin.MPG\",\"FileHandler\":\"video\",\"AutologinKey\":\"0016999fa300f9cdf6fc26143d79579d\"}

The command is being received because MP switches to the home screen. The video never starts to play though.

I've added a section from the log. It appears that it is throwing an error and reverting back to TV mode. The command is being received and the video file is being inspected, but it fails to load.

I think this may be relevant:

[2015-04-26 18:06:53,589] [Log ] [30 ] [WARN ] - [WIFI_REMOTE] WifiRemote Communication Error: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'DirectShowLib.IAMLine21Decoder'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{6E8D4A21-310C-11D0-B79A-00AA003767A7}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom