1.27.0 Will OnLineVideos come back with working channels ? (1 Viewer)

Pastill

Portal Pro
September 2, 2007
I've notised that more and more channels are not working in OnLineVideos. For me it made the service useless sometime ago.
It's a pitty since OnLineVideos was/is one of the cornerstone in Media Portal. And that means that MediaPortal now is not my prefered choise.
My only choise was to move to Kodi. And that was, in my opinion, to downgrade in user experience in different ways.

Will there be some kind of work being done to make a better situation or will it be on the same low level in future ?
If not, I have a suggestion:
Can anyone develop an addon for Kodi's streaming service Retrospect in the same way that someone have made an addon to Kodi for MediaPortals TV-server ?

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Myself and @doskabouter have been doing some work on online videos working on getting things like Netflix and Amazon working again. It's been a few weeks though so maybe need a catchup.

Pastill

Portal Pro
    September 2, 2007
    But with all tv-channels that now have streming services, it's not only Netflix and Amazone. It's all the others too. And with that it's also a question of maintaining working services. Until that, it's, sorry to say, still KODI and Retrospect for me.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Of course there are many others, i simply stated what we have been working on most recently but each to their own. I personally find retro about as much use as a chocolate fireguard in the uk but thats just my opinion, if you dont want an answer why post in the forum ?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would just like to point out that work has been ongoing and most if not all major German channels are now working well, both live and catchup. The BBC has been very stable for a long while although it would be very good if BBC 3 could again be included as it is now back on the air live.

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the screenshots:

12-50-25.jpg 12-50-39.jpg

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can not test riht now, not at home til next week but it was working last I tried a couple of weeks ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom