Wind speed on weather (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Would it be possible to add wind speed in kts (knots) on the weather page? A lot of users working at sea or in the air would appreciate this :)

-eLC

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
eLC said:
Would it be possible to add wind speed in kts (knots) on the weather page? A lot of users working at sea or in the air would appreciate this :)

-eLC

/me and the windsurfers out there are also extremely addictive to the wind info available.
Which unit to use should be selectable, I prefer m/s, some bft.

Maybe these sites could be used:
http://www.windguru.cz
http://www.wetteronline.de

/Niclas

bigj

Portal Pro
January 10, 2005
Personally, I'd love to see wave height too...
but then I surf.

If/when I get the chance I was going to write a dedicated surf forecast plugin.

It would need to show wave height + period, wind speed + direction for days +0,+1 etc.

This would be overlaid on a map (the beaches!).

Then - the cherry on top - MP would auto-alert me to upcoming good surf days at my fave beaches.

(Data would need to be sourced - or at least screen-scraped from web - not sure what the ethical stance is on this one; perhaps some inplace advertisment would appease.).

BigJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I’d be also interested if the same advantages are feasible for MP2?!
I’d be also interested if the same advantages are feasible for MP2?!
Started on: 2022-08-28 last update: 2022-08-28 Summary: Improve EPG speed by adding indices to "program" table Area: TvServer SQL...
Replies
Views
Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere discussed, but I could not find the related thread.
Of course this would be the best option, but I guess it’s not that easy to integrate external players into MP2. It was somewhere...
Hi there, I have a few questions about the limitations I've discovered (so far, it's early days!) when it comes to watching a tv...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
I was with TeamViewer on his PC and could see the issues myself. I think it worked sometimes, if the rpogram had only 1 audio stream, but never with multiple audio streams. On my PC I tried to reproduce it and it always worked as expected. LAV is set everywhere and we tried with WASAPI and DirectSound, it makes no difference...
I was with TeamViewer on his PC and could see the issues myself. I think it worked sometimes, if the rpogram had only 1 audio...
Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info. Now I know how to create logs. I remapped the keys and, for the moment, after using MP2 several times, they function well. If the mapping disappears again, I'll send you some logs. Thank you!
Thanks for the info. Now I know how to create logs. I remapped the keys and, for the moment, after using MP2 several times, they...
Hi, I changed recently from MP1 to MP2 and I'm very happy with the change. But I still have to learn quite a few things. Sorry if...
Replies
Views
I know I made some more advanced rules for my own setup, but without access to the SQLite db3 file that is difficult to remember from. As per: mptvseries/ViewTemplates.cs at master · damienhaynes/mptvseries I'm not seeing much in the other default templates either, but I do recall that both table values are available to use. It is...
I know I made some more advanced rules for my own setup, but without access to the SQLite db3 file that is difficult to remember...
Hi, I use mediaportal and MPTVseries for quite a long time, thank you for this plugin. Recently, due to lists becoming too long...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom