Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And I realized the next problem :( Also in the schedules screen the really nasty navigation problem skipping every second row when pressing up and down appears. There are no transformatins or negative margins, there must be a bug somewhere else.
    I just tested this in the FEAT_UpdateTVE branch, there all skins and themes work properly in this list view.

With merged Win 10 theme branch I can see the issue. So it must be related to specific style/layout. I try to check this in detail.

I've seen that the schedule type column is too small, content starts scrolling:
    upload_2015-10-31_18-52-1.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are no transformatins or negative margins, there must be a bug somewhere else.
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...on/themes/Win10/styles/SlimTvStyles.xaml#L607
    :whistle:

;)
    :whistle: Seems I missed them. Will try to remove them later, but I think they are not the root cause.
    Just tested this, it is the cause. As a hint for "visual debugging":

Place a semi-transparent background color to the container controls:
    XML:
    <Button Margin="-10,-1,-10,-1" Style="{ThemeResource TVButtonWideStyle}" Background="#80800000">

Then you can see the overlapping regions by the darker color.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Changed the margins and everything is working well :) Sorry, that I missed it. Just an overlapping of 2 pixel caused this :rolleyes:
    Well, then only the Home Screen navigation problem is still unsolved. I keep in mind, that margins need to be checked carefully.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, updating the weather screen made me realize that also the list- and gridview for MI does not really fit too much to a consistent Win10 look anymore.
    I quickly modified some parameters and I like the results:
    Unbenannt.jpg Unbenannt2.jpg
    • Really all screens have a semitransparent grandient vertically from the footer into the center
    • The grey background box fits to other screens without beeing too dominant, the background FanArts are well visible.
    Of course the screens show only a quick trial. The focus background needs to be darker now and margins need to be updated.
    The CoverFlow view is not affected as it fits already into the concept.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If you add a fade to the bottom I think the sharp edge between 100% transparent and darkened on the top is not too harmonic. I prefer a smooth fading from fully transparent to darkened as it is on bottom now but for both, top and bottom. Or you can remove the darkening on top completely as all important stuff there has it's own darker background...

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    By the way, I now have tested if it's possible to add a new group to the BV menu only by editing the "MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.xml".
    It works::D
    Zwischenablage-3.jpg

Zwischenablage-4.jpg

You only need a different GUID for the new group (here called "Test") and a .png (here it is the "record" indicator icon from an old MP1 skin) as icon, named as the used GUID for this new group. For testing I've copied and pasted the tiles from the "Images" group, but you can add every tile you like here...
    A nice and flexible menu structure, great.

Attachments

• acfc3d67-971b-46df-a175-7e2cb150b475.png
      acfc3d67-971b-46df-a175-7e2cb150b475.png
      22.9 KB
    • MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Settings.MenuSettings.7z
      1.7 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I prefer a smooth fading from fully transparent to darkened as it is on bottom now but for both, top and bottom.
    This won't fit, since no grey frame in other screens has this, also not in Windows 10. It's a Windows 10 theme, so people who do not like Windows 10, will also not like this skin too much ;)

Or you can remove the darkening on top completely as all important stuff there has it's own darker background...
    I would not remove the darkened band on the top. Bottons directly on FanArts are a No-Go as you are lost and dependend on what is shown in the background can not realize the buttons anymore.

You only need a different GUID for the new group (here called "Test") and a .png (here it is the "record" indicator icon from an old MP1 skin) as icon, named as the used GUID for this new group. For testing I've copied and pasted the tiles from the "Images" group, but you can add every tile you like here...
    A nice and flexible menu structure, great.
    Thats great and gives lot of freedom. I like when user can adjust the skin to their needs. (y)
    I'm just not sure how I can add a predefined group. As I mentioned to Morpheus_xx, I'd like to add a game group and the possibility to select the active groups in settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom