Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (2 Viewers)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually I saw no difference when I removed the code. If you explain me why we need it for sure I will consider it for future
    This is not a question about "considering", it is a bug if not :p

The reason for this call is that the backing model for the channel list is a Workflow model, which initializes when the WF is entered. But there can be ways to reach code for channel list without entering "TV home" once (i.e. home->guide->fullscreen->channel list). In this case the channel list was empty. The event trigger makes sure the model gets initialized in this case.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Actually I saw no difference when I removed the code. If you explain me why we need it for sure I will consider it for future
    This is not a question about "considering", it is a bug if not :p

The reason for this call is that the backing model for the channel list is a Workflow model, which initializes when the WF is entered. But there can be ways to reach code for channel list without entering "TV home" once (i.e. home->guide->fullscreen->channel list). In this case the channel list was empty. The event trigger makes sure the model gets initialized in this case.
    Ok got it. Of course I was going to change it after your post. With "consider" I ment the case when creating something new in future. ;)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 is there a specific reason why you removed the call which makes sure the guide is initialized in every case?
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...8e09#diff-1070b170a30fcb10a502f8dd920b7ef6L21

This is an important one...

I have just pushed a bunch of changes to Win10 theme including the recovery of the missing code when the guide is initialized.
    Do you have any idea how I can add a time scale on top of EPG? I have asked somewhere before, but this point is almost the last one for TV section.
    Additionally the helptext for the newly added "Search Programs" screen is missing ;)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is currently no code to support time labels over the EPG grid.

It must consider the variable number of hours (setting), the number of grid cells and the actual width of the full EPG control. I'm not sure if we should calculate time label positions from code or if we provide all variables via properties and create a converter for binding in xaml...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is currently no code to support time labels over the EPG grid.

It must consider the variable number of hours (setting), the number of grid cells and the actual width of the full EPG control. I'm not sure if we should calculate time label positions from code or if we provide all variables via properties and create a converter for binding in xaml...
    Ok, seems not that simple :rolleyes:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Design for the "Emulators" plugin, that organizes all types of Games in the MP2 DB with beautiful CoverArts:
    Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mock-up for a new Homescreen. Added date is overlayed.
    3 MI per category are shown. But with scrolling more could be shown below.

home.jpg

What do you think?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx
    I hope this is something you can answer easily. I have often the problem, that the Scrollbars next to a Listview do not have proper margins.
    So far I adjusted the margins directly in the style affecting all screens of course. I tried something like below (!-- --), but never could make it work.
    My target is, that I can define for evey Listview individually how close the Scrollbar is to the content.

XML:
              <ListView DockPanel.Dock="Center" x:Name="lvStreams" Margin="-31,35,-60,50" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch"
                        VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Style="{ThemeResource WebRadioContainerStyle}"
                        ItemsSource="{Binding Path=AllRadioStreams}" >
                <ListView.Resources>
                  <CommandList x:Key="Menu_Command">
                    <Command Source="{StaticResource Model}" Path="SelectStream">
                      <Command.Parameters>
                        <LateBoundValue BindingValue="{Binding}"/>
                      </Command.Parameters>
                    </Command>
                  </CommandList>
                  <!--Style TargetType="{x:Type ScrollViewer}">
                    <Style.Triggers>
                      <Trigger Property="Name" Value="VerticalScrollBar">
                        <Setter Property="Margin" Value="20,0,-60,0"/>
                      </Trigger>
                    </Style.Triggers>
                  </Style-->
                </ListView.Resources>
              </ListView>

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this is implemented in Titanium skin exactly for this reason using DynamicResource markup.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Updates in Win10 theme.
    • Due to many critics (which are welcome to design skins touching the majority!) for the "grey box" for MediaItems, I decided to make a major change. The new background is less dominant due to the gradients, but still offers good readability for all texts in this area. Below the new style for GridView. For ListView I need to adapt the button style at first, a screenshot will follow later.
    • Also included a new fadeout effect on the the bottom of the grid.
    • The breadcrumb bar will appear at other position, so the topbar is also taking less space.
    • The Group Menu is visible as indicator of the current category, but is only active in HomeMenu screen. By this incidential navigation problems with remotes can be avoided
    • The backgrounds behind category label and time/date label are removed as not necessary for readability

Unbenannt.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom