Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm just not sure how I can add a predefined group.
    As far as I understand this, the only predefined group is "Others" as there are all things are not part of another group. Maybe "Home" also is different a bit, but you can disable "Home" also by removing it from the "Groups" definition in the XML file. The group "Others" you can't remove from being shown. But that's the one and only only group that is always there, no matter what you do in the XML file.

If you want a new Group "Games" as a default group for your skin, you can simply add this group to the default xml file and you are good to go. All tiles needed to be defined as part of a group in the xml file. If not, all of them are shown in "Others" only. So the new Group Games is not different to any other group like Videohub or TV....

If you can give me a png and tell me where you want to have the group placed (e.g. between News and pictures) then I can make a new "default" XML with the Emulators Plugin as a tile for you to add to the next release of BV.

Edit:
    Another difference between "Others" and the rest is, you can not define the grid position and size of a tile here. It always is 1x1 and the tiles are placed one next to each other...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The default xml file is stored in program data folder with the settings I think. That means user would have to place the modified there, right? With predefined I mean, that the game group appears directly after installation of the skin. This is currently not possible, isn't it?
    I'll create an icon for the game group and post here.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The defaults are created by code, if there is nothing configured yet.
    When I've added the program search tile, I also added the setting to restore the defaults from code.

Regarding the groups: they are intended to be flexible and extensible, so adding and removing is easily possible as Lehmden showed above :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regarding the groups: they are intended to be flexible and extensible, so adding and removing is easily possible as Lehmden showed above :)
    Yes and it's good so (y)

The defaults are created by code, if there is nothing configured yet.
    This is what I mean. Manual editing is for at least 75% of the users not possible or not of interest. All possible groups (incl. Games) should be created be default and visible groups (in best case also the order) can be selected from settings.
    In case somebody wishes more changes, this can be done by manual "modding" and is something for the experiend users. This is at least my point of view :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the last overwork of the MediaItem view:
    • The grey border will be used as background for grid and list view. There is a shadow behind the border.
    • The black top menu border has a slight gradient to the lower edge making the transition softer
    Unbe.jpg

Unbe.jpg

@FreakyJ
    The shadow is done with an effect your created I think (ZoomBlurEffect). There is just a problem.
    XML:
        <Rectangle Grid.Row="0" Fill="Black" Opacity="0.5" Margin="-37,13,41,8">
          <Rectangle.Effect>
            <ZoomBlurEffect BlurAmount="0.02" CenterX="0.25" CenterY="0.5" />
          </Rectangle.Effect>
        </Rectangle>
    The properties CenterX and CenterY seem to be related to the total screen and not to the object (in this case "Rectangle") it is applied for. I have to use for CenterX a value of 0.25 to have the shadow going homogenious to all directions (because the center of the grey box is in about 25% of the screen on x-axes I guess). When I add a second shadow (I'd like to do for the Poster) it automatically also takes the same CenterX and CenterY values. Am I doing something wrong or is it intended to work like this? :) Target is to have several shadows that have their origin in (0.5, 0.5) of the assigned object and independent of the screen position.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx habe gerade gesehen, dass der ZoomBlurEffect doch nicht von Freaky, sondern von dir kam. Kannst du etwas zum vorherigen Post sagen? Er lässt sich leider nur einmal pro Screen verwenden, sonst gibt es die oben erwähnten Probleme. Vielleicht verwende ich ihn ja aber auch falsch.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In the "video view", where all type of videos are shown (episodes, movies, homevideos, ...) the aspects of the posters can vary.
    So far there were always parts cut to ensure a "stable" grid view. In the Windows10 theme this wont happen any more. Aspects are kept without disturbing the style.
    Unbenannt.jpg

EDIT: The grey tone of the fallback picture differs from the standard background. I'll correct this :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Started the overwork of the Menu Tiles for the Windows 10 Theme.
    • Size is filling the screen
    • Margins fit to the Group Buttons
    • New Menu Tile images
    • New Menu Button Image (upper lefte button)
    Here the Videohub:
    Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 is there a specific reason why you removed the call which makes sure the guide is initialized in every case?
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...8e09#diff-1070b170a30fcb10a502f8dd920b7ef6L21

This is an important one...
    I changed the Source to ="screens\master_dialog_bare_transparent.xaml" :whistle:
    I thought I won't need it for this. Actually I saw no difference when I removed the code. If you explain me why we need it for sure I will consider it for future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom