Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (1 Viewer)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Additionally to the recording indicator I added a Importing Indicator. The indicator is rotating smoothly. Thanks @henso
    I'm trying to show also the percentage value of the import progress next to the indicator. Currently there are problems with that.
    Unbenannt.jpg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I started to overwork the PlayerControls. I started with the video player for Win10 theme. TV and other skins will follow.
    • The TopPanel slides smoothly down on mouse usage
    • I added Volume Up/down buttons
    • The PowerButton and BackButton are fully integrated into the TopPanel
    • The Progressbar is integrated into the TopPanel and has a new style better fitting to the theme
    • New Subtitle icon
    • All icons have a margin to avoid cropping effects (Skin engine bug)
    Open Points
    • The slide back animation is interupted
    • Implementation of info bar with media information in the buttom, when pressing info key or right mouse button.
    Preview Image: (Buttom area is untouched and needs to be overworked)
    Unbenannt.jpg

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One question: how does it look like when you are not using mouse, but a remote control?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One question: how does it look like when you are not using mouse, but a remote control?
    Same at the moment, when you press the info button. But this is something I was going to ask you, so your question is well timed.
    I think it's not very good to show all information at once: player controls and Media information in footer. Currently this is the case even the mouse is moved, because in the background the visibility is handled by IsOSDVisible. How is IsOSDVisible defined? It seems to be true also on mouse usage.

I would prefer something similar as for TV:
    upload_2017-3-6_14-30-23.png

Edit: The timer extention is also something missing so far. Currently you are navigating in the PlayerControls and during navigation the Controls disapper and you activated SkipSteps.

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think it's not very good to show all information at once: player controls and Media information in footer.
    Interesting remark. I would think that opinions about this could be divided when I remember some of the recent thread postings. Damned if you do and damned if you don't... ;)

The concept of having to press/click multiple times (up to three) to display differen tlevels of information will probably cause a lot of discussion. When I look at your conept screens, one could combine the first and the second. In the end it is going to be a question of getting used to something new.

But just to be clear: I really like your work.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Interesting remark. I would think that opinions about this could be divided when I remember some of the recent thread postings. Damned if you do and damned if you don't... ;)

The concept of having to press/click multiple times (up to three) to display differen tlevels of information will probably cause a lot of discussion. When I look at your conept screens, one could combine the first and the second. In the end it is going to be a question of getting used to something new.

But just to be clear: I really like your work.
    Sure, I also don't like pressing buttons multiple times too much. This is how it is solved for TV at the moment. And if we apply a solution, it should be common between TV and videos from my point of view. The other problem is, that we have basically no free button on the remote.
    What I could survive with, would be skipping the detailed info screen, as this can be accessed also from CP icon in GroupMenu.
    But I'd like to devide player controls and more details.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The other problem is, that we have basically no free button on the remote.
    ATM there is no consolidated list of buttons and its mapped functions.

I also have not understood how the button assignment actually works. Are buttons hardcoded or is there an abstraction layer that allows to link button X to MediaPortal function A? The latter is the way it has been solved in MP1.

But I don't want to dilute this thread

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ATM there is no consolidated list of buttons and its mapped functions.
    I also have not understood how the button assignment actually works. Are buttons hardcoded or is there an abstraction layer that allows to link button X to MediaPortal function A? This is the way it has been solved in MP1.
    But I don't want to dilute this thread
    So I'm not the only one. I found the button functions mostly out by trying. But navigation is still not intuitive and logial for me.
    The input handling and configuration is a huge area to be improved. We could also discuss this in an internal thread.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey,

for me it would be enough to show the PlayerControls if at least one of following is fulfilled
    • IsMouseUsed = true
    • InfoButton pressed
    Important is the point, that ge2301 mentioned. It's really meaningless to have PlayerControls, if they are closing, while you are operating in them with remote or keyboard. For me it's even a bug.

With regard to the info footer, I'd show it, if at least one of following is fulfilled
    • Right Mouse button clicked and so IsOSDVisible=True (Not sure what the logic is behinf it ...)
    • "Info"-Button clicked and so IsOSDVisible=True
    Apart from that I have a general recommendation/feature request:
    In one of last builds you added the huge "pause" symbol into the FullScreenVideo screen, once when the movie is paused.
    Would it be possible to show any key on press for a while (countdown timer) for Play, Stop, ... and continiously as long Fastforward etc. are used. It would help to see, what is currently happening. I would also like to see the Fastforward speed next to the icon.
    Thanks for consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom