Windows 10 Theme for BlueVision skin (3 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ge2301 could you tell me which file i may have broken when fiddling with your skin; In the TV Guide if i click a program and select the extended schedule option nothing happens. I've swithed the file back to original but it doesnt work still, so i dont think its related to the tv guide changes you made for me and probably something I've done to stop it working :( if i change skins or theme the extended scheduling works fine- so i think it's something i've broken while trying to be clever and change the skin! :(
    I could tell you 1 or 2 potential files, but you won't know how to fix it then. Best would be you upload the client error logs (Shortcut on dektop) after you tried to selected the Extended Schedule in Win10 skin.
    Any unexpected behaviour should be recorded in the error logs.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    ge2301 could you tell me which file i may have broken when fiddling with your skin; In the TV Guide if i click a program and select the extended schedule option nothing happens. I've swithed the file back to original but it doesnt work still, so i dont think its related to the tv guide changes you made for me and probably something I've done to stop it working :( if i change skins or theme the extended scheduling works fine- so i think it's something i've broken while trying to be clever and change the skin! :(
    I could tell you 1 or 2 potential files, but you won't know how to fix it then. Best would be you upload the client error logs (Shortcut on dektop) after you tried to selected the Extended Schedule in Win10 skin.
    Any unexpected behaviour should be recorded in the error logs.

Hello,

Thanks for the quick response. I checked the logs and saw that ProgramInfo.inc was causing the error, so i swapped it for my backup version and now it works again. I cant remember doing anything to that file, but i guess i upset it in some way while trying things out!

Thanks again for your help!

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Unfortunately re-muxing isnt an easy option as there are many hundred recorded files and mostly in HD
    It is easy and don't last longer than to copy those files. With MKV-Buddy you even can remuxx all your hundreds of files with one single mouse click. It only may take longer if you want to transcode them to save lots and lots of disk space... Recordings are very large without any extra quality. You can shrink them down to!! 20% or even less file size without any notable quality loss. Then the speed depends on your hardware and can be from 10 times as fast as playback (10 minutes of video is transcoded in 1 minute) up to double the time (10 minutes of video is transcoded in 20 minutes) or even more if you have very slow hardware. But a simple remuxing can be done to at least a few thousand videos in one night without any user interaction.

It's a shame there isn't an easy way to switch this behaviour off!
    As this is an "on or off" feature that needs changes to the code it can not be made user configurable. And as you are the first who don't want this (anybody else with wtv files wants them to be recognized as "Recording") that's why we have implemented this. If you want a version without this, you most likely need to compile MP2 by yourself...
    WTV definitely never was meant for general usage. It is a "recordings only" container and should not be used for anything else. This includes the storage of video files in media libraries...

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Hi.
    Unfortunately re-muxing isnt an easy option as there are many hundred recorded files and mostly in HD
    It is easy and don't last longer than to copy those files. With MKV-Buddy you even can remuxx all your hundreds of files with one single mouse click. It only may take longer if you want to transcode them to save lots and lots of disk space... Recordings are very large without any extra quality. You can shrink them down to!! 20% or even less file size without any notable quality loss. Then the speed depends on your hardware and can be from 10 times as fast as playback (10 minutes of video is transcoded in 1 minute) up to double the time (10 minutes of video is transcoded in 20 minutes) or even more if you have very slow hardware. But a simple remuxing can be done to at least a few thousand videos in one night without any user interaction.

It's a shame there isn't an easy way to switch this behaviour off!
    As this is an "on or off" feature that needs changes to the code it can not be made user configurable. And as you are the first who don't want this (anybody else with wtv files wants them to be recognized as "Recording") that's why we have implemented this. If you want a version without this, you most likely need to compile MP2 by yourself...
    WTV definitely never was meant for general usage. It is a "recordings only" container and should not be used for anything else. This includes the storage of video files in media libraries...

Ah that makes sense. I have always just recorded stuff and then moved the file to a dedicated folder if i wanted to keep it and not bothered to change the file type or anything like that. The way MP2 works to find all 'recorded' type files makes sense to put them in one place. Before my last post i had tried your mkvbuddy software but didn't realise there was a dedicated remuxuing option and whatever option i chose originally was very slow. I am now running it with the correct option and it's flying along nicely! Once done i can remove the old wtv files and clean up the recorded tv section!

Many thanks for your help! I'll let the thread go back to the proper topic of the fabulous Win 10 theme again :D

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Hello. .. me again :unsure:

I was just wondering how easy it would be to add the series detail episode number and title etc to the extended scheduling view of the guide. It's difficult to decide which episodes to record when somethings on a lot as my guide is sometimes quite vague in the description but usually has the episode info available. Episode info works great in the TV guide view thanks to your fix but the extended schedule screen just shows the program name in the list. It would be great if the extra info wad next to the name.

Thank you :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

I was just wondering how easy it would be to add the series detail episode number and title etc to the extended scheduling view of the guide. It's difficult to decide which episodes to record when somethings on a lot as my guide is sometimes quite vague in the description but usually has the episode info available. Episode info works great in the TV guide view thanks to your fix but the extended schedule screen just shows the program name in the list. It would be great if the extra info wad next to the name.

Should be straight forward, if the episode parameter is available in the extended schedule model. I'll add it tomorrow.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country

Should be straight forward, if the episode parameter is available in the extended schedule model. I'll add it tomorrow.

Hey
    Did you get a chance to look into this? No worries if not, I appreciate you're a busy person!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey
    Did you get a chance to look into this? No worries if not, I appreciate you're a busy person!
    Not yet, sorry. I was on business trip and working on other stuff. But I'll take a look now :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Done, please extract following to "...\Plugins\SlimTvClient\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Win10\styles\" and overwrite the existing file.
    Better is you create a backup of the file before ;) After that you see the series info also in extended schedule view.
    I can not try it, so would be great, if you post a screenshot. Perhaps some margins need to be adjusted before I push it for next release.

Edit: I could test it and it works. I've updated all skins accordingly. Next release will have it included.
    thanks for your input. If you have further suggestions, please feel free to mention.

Attachments

• SlimTvStyles.7z
      6.6 KB
    Last edited:

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Done, please extract following to "...\Plugins\SlimTvClient\Skin\BlueVision\themes\Win10\styles\" and overwrite the existing file.
    Better is you create a backup of the file before ;) After that you see the series info also in extended schedule view.
    I can not try it, so would be great, if you post a screenshot. Perhaps some margins need to be adjusted before I push it for next release.

Edit: I could test it and it works. I've updated all skins accordingly. Next release will have it included.
    thanks for your input. If you have further suggestions, please feel free to mention.

Hello. This works perfectly, many thanks! I guess that you don't require a screengrab as you've checked it at your end.

Could the episode information also be present on the scheduled recordings screen as well?

Also, and this is probably a question for a different thread but does the MIA reworked MP2.1 have some features that were present in MP1 such as TV program notification reminders and more importantly schedule clashes? (MP1 used to let me know if recordings would fail due to no tuners available for any more recordings at a given time, but mp2 allows an infinate amount of recordings to be scheduled at the same time meaning some will obviously fail)

Thanks again, your effort is always appreciated .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom