Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (2 Viewers)

Boony

Portal Member
October 29, 2009
Townsville
Home Country
Hi All,

I am also having the same problem on my ATI HD3200 which is directly connected to my LG 56" rear projection TV via a HDMI cable. To replicate the problem, I leave the HTPC on (which is in perfect fullscreen) then I turn the TV off and then straight back on and it is not in fullscreen anymore :( A quick alt+enter twice fixes the issue but it's just annoying.

Has anyone found a work around yet?

Cheers,
Boony.

Cabbery

Portal Member
October 26, 2009
Home Country
Hi Boony,

Can you test this for me.
Close Mediaportal and just open up a windows explorer window, maximise it that window.

Now turn off your TV (put into standby with remote.) and turn it back on.

Is that windows explorer window half-size, yet still looks as if 'maximized'?

That's my result. It seems to be an ATI driver/certain panel issue.

Let me know your results Boony

Boony

Portal Member
October 29, 2009
Townsville
Home Country
Hi Cabbery,

I tried that and both explorer and firefox was half-size, yet still looks as if maximised. I'm glad this confirms the problem is not with MediaPortal but is with the ATI drivers or Windows 7. Now to find a solution :/

Cheers,
Boony.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    i have this porblem with ion 330 chipset so its not problem of the ati drivers.i get the same picture like this one https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-beta-1-454/mp-full-screen-interface-resizing-resume-73268/

Could be a HDMI handshake issue. TV / amp could send first some incorrect resolution information and then the GPU needs to drop down the used resolution.

Maybe overriding the EDID information could solve the issue? -> EDID Override Thread - AVS Forum

(I take no responsibility if you manage to break HW or mess up the drivers / OS :))

krikkit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2008
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    ...had this problem also... and i can say it is a hdmi issue, cause the problem was gone when i changed my cable to a DVI->HDMI cable (was a HDMI->HDMI before)

Boony

Portal Member
    October 29, 2009
    Townsville
    Home Country
    I tried the EDID Override but the problem still exists at 1280x720 resolution. After rolling back to the original driver, I did a test with the HTPC in 1024x768 (the native resolution of the TV) it all works fine.......just won't work at the resolution I want.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    I did a test with the HTPC in 1024x768 (the native resolution of the TV) it all works fine.......just won't work at the resolution I want.

Why would you even want to use something else than the native resolution of your display device? All other resulutions will give worser picture quality.

Boony

Portal Member
    October 29, 2009
    Townsville
    Home Country
    It actually looks a lot better in 1280x720 than 1024x768. It can even do 1080i but that looks terrible so I went back to 720p.

I just updated to the Catalyst 9.11 drivers but that didn't fix anything.

Boony

Portal Member
    October 29, 2009
    Townsville
    Home Country
    After hours of trying to find a fix for this issue, I have given up and created a workaround.

I have added an extra command to my harmony remote so that it will close the MediaPortal application and then run MediaPortal every time the TV gets turned on or whenever the TV input goes back to HDMI. It's not pretty but it works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom