Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (1 Viewer)

nikos1671

Portal Pro
April 21, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Greece Greece
everytime you have this problem?in my case it happen not so often, some times from alone the mediaportal goes in the normal resolution but the most times its correct, only a 5% i get this problem and i have to restart mediaportal.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here, ATi3200, Windows 7 x86; after TV turned off (HDMI), and turned on; mediaportal is on 2/3 of the screen; seeing the "Start bar" of windows 7.
    After standby it's working ok; turned on the restart option after standby.

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    this problem happening only with windows 7 not with vista,and i am sure it have something to do with mediaportal becuase other open windows like ie or mtorrent not effected from this bug so mp devs must have a closer look on this.the log files are clear from errors.

csapollo

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2007
    Sydney, Australia
    Home Country
    I've got this problem now. I have a GA-MA78GM-S2H (integrated 3200HD), and had it connected directly to my Samsung UA556000 via HDMI, and did not experience this issue. However, I recently bought an AVR (Pioneer VSX919AH), and have HDMI into the receiver and HDMI from the receiver to my TV (same, Samsung UA556000). I only have the issue if I put the receiver into standby.. as when I turn it back on I hear the Windows new device sound and MediaPortal goes into half screen mode. I have to press alt+enter twice to get it to go behave normally again.

It seems to me that while my TV was in standby, the HDMI ports may be powered and thus Windows does not change display settings. Though with the AVR when it's in standby or, on a different HDMI input, the port may not be powered and Windows disconnects the display (so perhaps when it does this, the resolution resets and causes MP to crap out).

I think I must be right about the HDMI port not being powered when in standby because, as some of you may know with an Xbox 360 if you power it on while a display is not connected the power light is on but it does not progress it just waits (even your controllers will not connect). So if my input is on HDMI1 (my HTPC), and I turn my Xbox on, it will not start to boot until I switch to HDMI2. So the port must not be powered on the receiver unless it's on that input. It might be the same situation for different TV makes/models, I know my Samsung is fine but maybe Panasonic etc does not power it's HDMI ports unless it's on that input?

I'm not sure how we go about resolving this - is anyone having this issue with Nvidia/Win7 or is it just ATI/Win7?

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    i am with the same mobo like u with win 7 and plasma panasonic 42" this dont happen allways but randomly.with vista i never had this problem.

Boony

Portal Member
    October 29, 2009
    Townsville
    Home Country
    Yes it happens everytime I turn the TV off and then straight back on.

I did not have the problem with vista either, it's a windows 7 bug. I read somewhere to rollback to the catalyst 9.7 drivers to fix the issue but I have not tried it.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Any progress?

Cabbery

Portal Member
    October 26, 2009
    Home Country
    I tried the VNC trick, didn't work.

I've got around this issue by programming a button on my IR remote to run the command Alt+enter.
    So when i turn the TV on, just press that remote button twice and all is well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom