Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (2 Viewers)

Arkard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    here is my solution that works for me:
    1) Run TeamViewer on HTPC computer
    2) Connect to it from another PC
    3) Disconnect all video card outputs (default monitor changed to Generic Non-PnP Monitor)
    4) Change resolution for Generic Non-PnP Monitor to same that you use on primary output
    5) Connect video card outputs
    6) Try to turn off and turn on your primary monitor ;)

Regards,
    vladab_2000

Now it seems to work for me. Important is that you really unplug the TV to be able to change the general VGA resolution.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I hope this helps you fellow HTPC enthusiasts! :D

ATI GUIDE FOR WINDOWS 7 HALF-FULL SCREEN PROBLEM

1. Turn off your HDMI-receiver/TV/projector

I actually had to pull out the HDMI connector for this to work!
    After that I still had no 1920 * 1080 option, but I changed some other settings (don't remember, sorry) and suddenly there was the 1920 * 1080i option.

Thanks al lot.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    +1 for the ATI guide with real vnc here. Fixed the problem.

EDIT: Just a (very minor) "side effect" I've noticed with this fix.... multiple ATI Catalyst icons start apearing in the system tray. One for each disconnect / reconnect.

MatthiasB

Portal Member
    April 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    +1 for the ATI guide with real vnc here. Fixed the problem.

EDIT: Just a (very minor) "side effect" I've noticed with this fix.... multiple ATI Catalyst icons start apearing in the system tray. One for each disconnect / reconnect.

Probably just a bug in the CCC code. Kinda like how directvobsub doesn't close properly after playing media stops. What version of CCC are you on?

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

Hover mouse cursor over those icons - do they dispear? Windows is not cleaning those icons away unles you do move the mouse over those. But in any case sounds like CCC is restarted on every disconnect.

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Running Catalyst 11.9 (latest). Moving the mouse over them does clear them up.

I think lots of connect / disconnects eventually lead to a black screen on video playback (all codecs / containers), so I think something does break eventually. Restarted MP to fix the problem. Will do some more testing to verify. May have just be a "one off".

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I tried all the solutions mentioned above, none of them worked. Every now and then some situation occurs with windows, mp, the video drivers or the hdmi handshake that make all methods fail.

I own a hdmi detective, that one works of course perfect but is expensive.

Lately I stumbled upon this program : Actual Tools - Tools for Professionals and I thought lets give it a try to find out if we can do without an expensive hardware box.

You can set mp to use your native resolution of your display. Mine is 1920 x 1080.
    The program has a 60 day trial so please test it. I can use it without the hdmi detective and still have fullscreen mp after tv switchoff. ( I do always use a simple hdmi switch between the mediapc and the tv to keep the videoport alive, otherwise I have to reboot or unplug and plugin again the hdmi cable to get some video at all.)

Well anyway give it a try.

Best regards,

Ferry Bervoets

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Lately I stumbled upon this program : Actual Tools - Tools for Professionals and I thought lets give it a try to find out if we can do without an expensive hardware box.

Which one? The Window Manager, or one of the other tools?

//W

Actual Window Manager: Multiple Monitors, Virtual Desktops, Windows Control and Other Useful Tools.

Just set mp to run in 1920x1080. Execute mp in fullscreen mode and forget about any issues. Altough I discovered an issue, mp is not changing menu's when in homescreen after an wakeup from standby whereby the tv is not turned on yet. As soon as the hdmi handschake is done ONCE, all is fine until the next standby of mp. Some how the skinengine refuses to work when there is no screen detected. I do need this because I want to listen to radio every morning and I select radio menu and stations with the minidisplay, so no need to swtich on the tv. So............back to the hdmi detective!

jsimmons

Portal Pro
    December 6, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is NOT a Windows problem. It's a MediaPortal problem. It happens to me, but the Windows desktop is still full-screen while the MP "full-screen" is half the size of the desktop. Also, XBMC doesn't do it. One last thing - when MP does this, I have to reboot because the sound goes away as well. If MP isn't on, everything is fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom