Operating System Windows 7 & half fullscreen (3 Viewers)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi folks,

I have the following problem:

When I resume from sleep mode OR when I switch my TV on, while my HTPC is already running for some time. SOMETIMES Mediaportal will start up in half fullscreen. The left side of the screen will be mediaportal and for the rest I see the desktop. This also happens to my screen saver. I also get messed up desktop icons. As I said, this doesn't happen all the time, but it is frustrating.

Is there a solution for this problem?

:D

Added at user request: Checkout posts by Airshark mlburgoon or robbo100 (latest) for possible solutions to the above problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No direct experience with Win 7, but have you tried disabling the nVidia driver service - this can stop it seeing external changes like the TV being turned on ?

Also, nVidia changed the way DVI/HDMI detection worked after the 182.50 drivers, but I don't know if you can go back that far with Win 7 drivers.

Tony

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    No direct experience with Win 7, but have you tried disabling the nVidia driver service - this can stop it seeing external changes like the TV being turned on ?

Also, nVidia changed the way DVI/HDMI detection worked after the 182.50 drivers, but I don't know if you can go back that far with Win 7 drivers.

Tony

I can try. Where do I disable it?

EDIT:

Ok, found it with msconfig. I'm testing now. Hope it works!

Thx.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Tony

Tested disabeling the nvidia friver service. Didn"t work.

Now I'm testing the 182.50 drivers. Hope these work.

First thing I noticed when using 182.50 drivers, is that CUDA in Coreavc is not working. I get a green picture. Software decoding works with coreavc.

underpool

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 31, 2008
    Between Freiburg and Basel
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    same problem here...
    When resuming from S3 (standby), Mediaportal is still in fullscreen, but only a small part of it is visible in the left upper corner. The desktop is on the rest of the screen. When pressing Alt+Tab twice, MP is visible in fullscreen like it should be...
    Dont know why... Iam using a ATI HD3200 onboard graphic card.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tested the 182.50 drivers and thay seem to fix this problem, BUT I got a bunch off other problems, like flickering Live TV and no CUDA. Now I'm trying the windows 7 drivers. See how they work.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    i have the same problem in windows 7 with ati
    mediaportal fills 2/3 of the screen and on the other 1/3 on the left i see desktop

i have to close and restartmp to fix it

drealit

Portal Pro
    March 15, 2008
    I believe it has to do with your display/receiver not hooking in fast enough (your computer probably wakes up faster than your receiver or display). Windows sees you as having a default display (800x600 or 1024x768 not sure what's default currently) at first which tricks MP into a lower resolution then windows corrects itself but MP doesn't. Just my theory of the issue... not sure if it's correct but I think it's along the same lines.

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    i had this problem before and back then it was indeed that mp stayed in a smaller resolution but now it is in a not actual resolution so vertical it is completely on the screen only horizontal it is for 2/3 of the screen.
    It is not only when resuming from sleep but also when switch inuts on the receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom