Windows 8.1 support? (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Any way to MP running with the 8.1 release preview? It doesn't run at all for me even in compatibility mode.

hashssj

Portal Member
September 1, 2005
Hi Team,
I am in the same boat, please find attached watchdog logs.
If possible would be nice to get mediaportal working again as bugs are better then no mediaportal for me :)
And appears the only way to remove 8.1 currently is to re-install windows, which I would prefer not to do.
Let me know if there is any way I can help, and thanks again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Answer is pretty clear in the log files:
    [2013-06-27 21:52:51,182] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - *******************************************
    [2013-06-27 21:52:51,199] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - * ERROR, OS can't be used for MediaPortal *
    [2013-06-27 21:52:51,199] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - *******************************************

Running is blocked. This would require a code change.

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Any way to MP running with the 8.1 release preview? It doesn't run at all for me even in compatibility mode.

What's the exact windows version? (Maybe you can run "winver" and capture a screenshot?)
    According to code, only window 8 RTM is supported now. It will require code change as said before...

yoavain

Extension Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Should probably be set to "not supported" instead of "blocked", and @Game_dude should volunteer to QA it ;)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I guess M$ changed a bunch of stuff in 8.1. I thought 8.1 would have been like a service pack where you could still run previous programs with out any problems.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess M$ changed a bunch of stuff in 8.1. I thought 8.1 would have been like a service pack where you could still run previous programs with out any problems.

it's not that it's necessarily incompatible it's that MP looks at the windows version and says I don't know what this is, I am not even going to try;)[DOUBLEPOST=1372362828][/DOUBLEPOST]mediaportal 1.4.1 ? :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread