Windows 8.1 support? (1 Viewer)

Adam86

Portal Pro
April 19, 2012
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Had a shot at upgrading to Windows 8.1 again and MediaPortal still refused to work. However I managed to fix it by extracting the 1.5.0 Pre Release installer (this was already installed on Windows 8). And then running the two separate installers again from the deploy folder. Everything is now working as previously.

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Upgraded to 8.1 and mediaportal 1.5.0 final (october release) worked fine for weeks. Then all of a sudden after some windows update i didn't start. Tried to reinstall without success. Any way to downgrade windows to 8.0 ?

mascot

Portal Pro
November 20, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Have you done ALL the updates through windows update? I'm reinstalling 8.0 now to do a clean mediaportal 1.5.0 final installation on that...

borgster

Portal Member
November 15, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
To the best of my knowledge yes, though I may have some components that I didn't load in to windows 8.1. I only loaded the minimum it would let me load at install of 8.1 and have installed no extra features in to 8.1. AKA tried to keep it as unbloated as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
Replies
Views
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
Replies
Views
Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
Replies
Views
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
(egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom