Windows Vista MCE Replacement Driver (1 Viewer)

opy01

Portal Member
June 1, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I forgot to tell you the registy strings in each of those are names "Command" and then enter the value "c:\Windows\notepad.exe %CHANNEL%"

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's ok mate, I understand. I would never complain about it.

Cheers,

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    This driver under vista32 doesnt work for the ehome IR transceiver meant for the HP MCe remote. The IR light turns solid red when you click on any button on the remote and stays unresponsive to the girder MCE plugin.

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    ok, I'll take a look. I only had a demo of Vista when I compiled it, and that's long expired... So I don't know how much I will be able to do, but if I find something I'll let you know.

Cheers,

opy01

Portal Member
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    eloo:

dont worry about the keyboard, I am going to send and-81 mine. It's a small sacrifice for all the free software I use. At least this way I can contribute to the developement of better software since I cant actually develope it myself.

and-81:

PM me with your address and I will ship it by next week. Also any luck on getting EXETuner to work with IR Server? I just got my new system together and reformated the HD so I am almost ready to experiment with it. I am having problems with EXEMultiTuner though.

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    I appreciate that very much!

ok, I'll take a look. I only had a demo of Vista when I compiled it, and that's long expired... So I don't know how much I will be able to do, but if I find something I'll let you know.

Cheers,

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    opy01:
    Done.

Thank you.

I have completed adding command line parameters to the Virtual Remote program that comes with IR Server Suite. This should let you link the exe tuner to the blasting. I'm also going to make a stand-alone command line app that will instruct the IR Server to blast particular IR commands... More on that as it happens.

mkanet: Could you try using the IR Server Suite? It could be a problem with the Girder interface. If IR Server Suite works for you then I'll know that I have to fix the Girder support.

Cheers,

mkanet

Portal Member
    July 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Sure I can try, but the problem happens outside girder or any IR based app. When I hit any button on the remote, the red light on the IR receiver gets stuck and stays on.

opy01:

mkanet: Could you try using the IR Server Suite? It could be a problem with the Girder interface. If IR Server Suite works for you then I'll know that I have to fix the Girder support.

Cheers,

opy01

Portal Member
    June 1, 2007
    Home Country
    I have completed adding command line parameters to the Virtual Remote program that comes with IR Server Suite.

Have you uploaded it yet? Can you post a link and I will try it out this weekend?

Edit: I got this response from HIP http://forums.dvbowners.com/index.php?showtopic=8072&view=findpost&p=62866

Another Edit: I am remoted into the system now and realized he has his own MCEir.dll file in the HIP directory so I replaced it with yours. I will see when I get home in a bit if it works or not. Even if it does work for me with HIP I am more than happy to test your stuff for you on my Vista Home Premium system if you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom