Operating System Windows Vista SP2 and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Yesterday Microsoft released the Service Pack 2 for Windows Vista and Windows 2008. Anyone has applied it already on a PC with Media Portal?
    Please post back your experience so other users have a better idea if SP2 is worth installing.

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Had no problems upgrading a machine running Vista SP1 with Media Portal 1.0.2. All went smoothly and the update took less than 1/2 hour.

-=DeNMaN=-

Portal Member
    November 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Ill be trying it tonight.. I've been using the Beta SP2 since late last year and it was fine with that but from what i've read, alot has changed between them

Will post back later.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Today I'm going to install it, as well, yesterday I had some recordings going on so it wasn't possible.

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I installed SP2 a few days ago and am now having issues with scheduled recordings not starting :(

I had a few issues before the upgrade, where some recordings were missed, but now most are missed. I was hoping SP2 would fix things...

I have attached logs, but personally can't find anything that might point to the problem (then again, I'm no expert in this).

I'd appreciate some help on this. If more information is needed, please let me know and I'll do my best to supply it.

Thanks in advance,
    MLH01.

EDIT: The actual SP2 install went without a hitch. Other software is working fine, and MediaPortal starts up OK with everything else functioning well. Just the scheduled recordings that seem to be not working.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I installed SP2 a few days ago and am now having issues with scheduled recordings not starting

I have a similar issue, when I have been around and recording is taking place, have noticed TVServer config shows no channels mapped to the cards, now chefcoch has reported losing connection between tvserver and sql db after a resume, so wondering if that may be the issue here as well, and just to confirm, this only happened after SP2 was installed.

Problem I have, is time debugging this, especially as I have now totally disabled powerscheduler altogether, whilst testing ForTheRecord, which uses vista's own power settings and works perfectly.

igalan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 30, 2005
    Barcelona
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Do you know if the computer actually powers on at the scheduled time? After a quick look at your log, I see the TvService doing two recordings after resuming, I see no problems there (but it's just a quick look at it).

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your replies.

PD: That's correct - I only noticed this after the SP2 update. I have been contemplating using ForTheRecord for a while now, and might give it a go now. My WAF is at an all time low, so I think it is time to make some changes.

igalan: It doesn't usually resume on its own. When I notice it hasn't resumed for a recording (if I am around to observe it) I will manually resume with the remote. Even then, it often does not start the recording and I have to reboot. Not exactly the way a DVR should work ... :confused:

I will schedule a few recordings today and see how it goes. I will report back with log files that might be more useful than the one I attached earlier. A quick question - are the 2 log files I attached enough, or should I attach other log files as well?

Thanks again :)

MLH01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Gold Coast
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK. I've done some more research on this and think I have solved the resume problem. It now resumes at the correct time to start recordings. However, some recordings go overtime (they do not stop and are seemingly 'endless').

I have started a new thread in the 'MediaPortal 1, General Support' forum * here *. The resume problem - and what I think was the solution in my case - is explained in "problem 3" in that thread.

The new thread contains log files and extra details, so I won't repeat it all in this thread.

MLH01.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom