WinLIRC Plugin (outdated) (1 Viewer)

usbrit

Portal Member
April 22, 2004
Jadz,
Where do I get the version of winlirc you show in the screen shots?
I get a much simpler GUI in the version I downloaded and can't figure out how to configure it with the new Harmony H658 remote I have.
I keep getting a failure on configuring remote buttons. too many errors.
Wondered if the version you show would be better?
usbrit

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
I'm in the UK working right now, but next week when I get home I will build another version, post the source code and update the plugin.

-jadz

usbrit said:
Jadz,
Where do I get the version of winlirc you show in the screen shots?
I get a much simpler GUI in the version I downloaded and can't figure out how to configure it with the new Harmony H658 remote I have.
I keep getting a failure on configuring remote buttons. too many errors.
Wondered if the version you show would be better?
usbrit

usbrit

Portal Member
April 22, 2004
jadz said:
I'm in the UK working right now, but next week when I get home I will build another version, post the source code and update the plugin.

-jadz
Jadz,
Where abouts, that home for me and your in the military 'copters right?
I used to live in Suffolk, bunch of air bases there!
Anywhere near?
usbrit

usbrit

Portal Member
April 22, 2004
Frodo,
Yes its working!!!
Finally got round to trying this out tonight and managed to get it working with a DVD remote I have, now working on getting my Harmony 659 to work.

Jadz, great job, now I understand this it works great.

usbrit

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
Here is a link to the source code and a new version.
Patch Sumbit

At the moment the receiver is reading the XML file each time a remote key is pressed, I am plannin on changing it to read the settings once on load when I get a chance.

A

Anonymous

I am very interested in this plugin but I am having a big problem.

It is probably me, and the answer is probably staring me in the face, but how do I configure this plugin. I have copied the dll file to the two locations but I cannot find any reference to it in the Media Portal configuration settings.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Russell

A

Anonymous

I have (had) a small problem with this plugin:

htpcman said:
3) Some functions do not work on the remote while they work on the KB: "R" for rotating images, "Y" for adding to the playlist, "X" for OSD controls if I try to use these nothing happens but I can still use all other keys. The "s" key for changing aspect ratio works fine though. I have verified
In it's default-values there is "Y" and "X" (note the captial letters) which won't do anything in MP, since MP expects "x" and "y" (lower case). (same for "R"and "r"..

I changed that in the winLIRC xml-file, now it works, bu i think, this should work right from start,, shouldn't it, maybe one could also extend MP to accept "x" as well as "X"...?

and there is another small glitch in the plugin-configure: PageDown and pagedown are two different items, i can't assign the same remote-key....

Dek
(cool plugin, btw)

jadz

Portal Pro
August 30, 2004
Canada
If you are using the new version in the patches section of sourceforge, then you only need to put the plugin in the one process folder.

The plugin will then show up in the configuration tool in the plugins page.

I agree that the keys are a bit messy in MediaPortal, but the plugin is just reading MediaPortals key config in, so it would be best if this was cleaned up in the main app.

Glad to see its working.

RussellS said:
I am very interested in this plugin but I am having a big problem.

It is probably me, and the answer is probably staring me in the face, but how do I configure this plugin. I have copied the dll file to the two locations but I cannot find any reference to it in the Media Portal configuration settings.

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Russell

htpcman

Portal Member
September 12, 2004
Frankfurt, Germany
Hi Jadz,

just wanted to give a short feedback again. Your plugin now works almost perfectly after I looked at the recommendation in the previous posts about changing the letters in the winlirc-xml file from caps to lower case. I also re-assigned the pause function to the "k" key instead of "space" because I could not get this to work properly. I now have one remaining problem:

when I use a part of MP thta accesses the internet like the weather plugin it takes a very long time to show me the weather screen and switch from the home screen. This only happens when I access it for the first time or update the weather info. It seems that the plugin is somehow interfering with internet access. my configuration is as follows:

- I have DSL connected to a small PC which acts as a router IP: 192.168.0.1
- The HTPC is IP: 192.168.0.3 and connected via 100Mbit CAT5
- on the router I use the AVM "fritz DSL" software to make the internet connection availble to all pc in the network.

Please let me know if you have any ideas why the internet connection access is being slowed down. Could it be thta the routing in the HTPC is first looking for the internet at the server IP of winlirc? and waiting for a timeout before trying the other IP?

Cheers

htpcman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom