• QAM on WinTV

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

luv2spooge

September 25, 2016
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

I have a WinTV-HRV tv tuner, but I can't watch live tv. I try scanning for channels with QAM in every option they had but every time it says "no signal" Just wonder if anyone has some advice for me.

luv2spooge

September 25, 2016
Home Country
if you can help me out, which settings should I Apply with my Happauge WinTV-HVR 950Q tv tuner.. I installed all the drivers needed for my device

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    if you can help me out, which settings should I Apply with my Happauge WinTV-HVR 950Q tv tuner.
    I can't tell you because I don't know how you receive TV (cable, antenna etc.). However I gave you a link to the relevant section of the wiki (manual). If you read that, you should be able to figure out which settings to use. That's the best we can do until/unless you choose to share more information.

luv2spooge

September 25, 2016
    Home Country
    Thanks..I have Analog cable with a digital convertible box. I connected the cable box with my tv tuner and installed all the drivers I needed. On the Tv server configuration I'm connected through what looks like my ip address. when I check the settings there I come across my device which is my WinTV tuner. The two options are Analog WinTV, and ATSC WinTV. When I chose either option and try to scan with QAM Frequencies I get "no signal" and that's when I try scanning all the frequencies

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have Analog cable with a digital convertible box.
    Are you sure it isn't the other way around - digital cable with an analog converter box?

I connected the cable box with my tv tuner...
    How did you do this?
    Is the connection:
    On the Tv server configuration I'm connected through what looks like my ip address. when I check the settings there I come across my device which is my WinTV tuner. The two options are Analog WinTV, and ATSC WinTV.
    Yes, that's normal.

When I chose either option and try to scan with QAM Frequencies I get "no signal" and that's when I try scanning all the frequencies
    I understand. It seems obvious that "clear QAM cable" is probably not the right scanning option for you to be using. I need answers to the questions above before I can tell you which options are the right ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Australia - DVB-EPG - does it work? DE
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further discussion it’s better to open another thread. I’ll mark the EPG topic as solved.
    Perhaps it’s good to look here for WMC skin. In the wiki you find also further infos about setting up the media views. For further...
    Hi there, Have just installed Media Portal 2 for a play around; mainly my interests are for watching/recording live FTA tv and...
    Replies
    Views
    To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can be used. So far no-problems with stop & start MP1's TV server, when trying to use WinTV 10 tv screen.
    To keep from uninstalling the WinTV 10 Tuner, I'll just use MP1's (manual control) & stop the TV server. This way both programs can...
    After MP1 installment, the next step was to challenge behavior of the software with a "duel" tv tuner with screen watch & record...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But you're right, the channel arrow and PIP button are not reachable by mouse, something insibile is overlapping them and preventing focus. I'll fix that. Anyway, I'll provide a new installer to you soon...
    Thanks. Your screenshot is showing the "TVGuide", the mentioned "MiniEPG" appears, if you press "enter" or "OK" during Live-TV. But...
    I have a new tuner card (Hauppauge model 01609: WinTV-quadHD). It has four tuners and also an IR remote control. I can't figure...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom