WIP: New FullHD Skin BackVision (1 Viewer)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Lehmden,
    looks great. When I change to 1.3 Beta this skin probably will be my favorite. btw: does your skin show the daily movie highlights (from the clickfinder program guide) as overlay on the homescreen.
    Hi.
    As I'm not using Clickfinder I don't know this feature. But it can be build in some way, if someone helps me with testing...
    BTW, 1.3 Beta will be replaced by 1.3 RC soon

It is not that hard. I attached a file and you just have to change the visibility Control.HasFocus condition and import it to BasicHome.xml. X and Y-pos you can see in the screenshot. (this is for a 720p skin tho, so you need the skinconverter)
    2.jpg

Attachments

• ClickfinderProgramGuide.BasicHome.Overlay.xml
      29.7 KB

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Update. MyVideos Listview with shares and database view...
    Shareview first, as I'm using MyVideos mostly for stuff not fitting into Moving Pictures or TV Series (documentary, private- videos,...)

If Fanart is available it looks like:
    View attachment 120641

Without fanart thumbs are used as background. If there is a jpg file with the same name as the video file this will be shown. So you can use third party tools to generate those thumbs. If there is no such file internally generated thumbs are used. For best results you should use 2x2 and highest quality. With those backgrounds you can see at first sight what's the video is about...View attachment 120642

Cursor left:
    View attachment 120643

Cursor right:
    View attachment 120644

Finally the database view:
    View attachment 120645

Cursor right:
    View attachment 120646

Moving Pictures will look nearly the same. Next to do is all cover views..

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Next update. MyVideos Thumb., Filmstrip und Coverflow Views.
    First Share View
    Small Thumbs
    View attachment 121198

Big Thumbs:
    View attachment 121200

Filmstrip:
    View attachment 121201

Coverflow:
    View attachment 121202

Database views:
    Small Thumbs:
    View attachment 121204
    Big Thumbs:
    View attachment 121203

Filmstrip:
    View attachment 121205

CoverFlow is still missing. I'm searching a solution to fade in all extra informations (plot etc) after a given time without scrolling through the list. Did not find out how I can do this up to now,. So if someone knows how to, please share your knowledge...

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "I'm searching a solution to fade in all extra informations (plot etc) after a given time without scrolling through the list. Did not find out how I can do this up to now,. So if someone knows how to, please share your knowledge..."

Hint: Default skins BasicHomeExtraInfos.xml :p

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    I think my bad english has made us misunderstand.
    As far as I know there is no facadeview in Default Basic Home. Fade in and out on control gaining focus or on windowopen is no problem. But what I want is this: I scroll through the List of videos in facadeview (Coverflow in this case) and I want to display the extra info after a delay only if I stop scrolling. As long as I scroll through the list, no extra infos should be displayed.
    The facadeview is a single control (id 50) and a single window, so I can't trigger the animation on control.isvisible(hasfocus) and also not on windowopen(close) and also not on visiblechange. I need to trigger the animation on "not changing #currentitem for at least 5 seconds" or something like that...

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Nice work!
    How does the small thumb view perform on "scrolling" one line down? Does it work almost instantly and smooth? Because I have a similar small thumbs view with a lot of items. :)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Does it work almost instantly and smooth?
    Not really. If all folder.jpg are already loaded once (cached) then it's usable. But if all 1200 folder.jpg has to be loaded from network shares and additional most of the HDD needs to spin up, it takes a while. For Low Power systems like mine the listviews are best to use.

Performance on my system is not too good in any case. Especially since I did a fresh "one click" install last Sunday with MySQL as database. MSSQL is performing a lot better and I will change back soon. I need some hours with "free" HTPC to do so. But that's with all skins, no matter if I use my BackVision, Titan or Default... One of the reasons I want to delay extra Infos during scrolling.
    If I want to have good performance I have to use XBMC :whistle:

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I got a 15x5 small thumbnail wall and it took about 0,6 seconds to show the next line. Using MovPic tho. I don't know how XBMC performs with 75 covers on screen. ;)
    2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom