Not open for further replies.

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Or maybe XND (which is one letter on from WMC)
    Or ZMC (Zombie MC, the implication being that it's undead)

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    And we need to find a suitable name. It should imply that it's an WMC lookalike Skin, but without the "W" in the name I guess. "MC" only is a bit general.
    I was under the impression that the "Maya" skin for MP1 was intended to be as WMC-like as possible. Why not call this new skin "Maya for MP2"?

Or, if you want something related to WMC, how about calling it the "Media Central" skin? :)

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was under the impression that the "Maya" skin for MP1 was intended to be as WMC-like as possible. Why not call this new skin "Maya for MP2"?
    I looked at the screen shots of MayaHD. It is true that some screens have a similar layout to WMC, but overall it does not look like it. It's darker, more glossy, ...
    I think the goal of this Skin for MP2 should be to get as close as possible to WMC, for the layout, navigation and looks.
    By this I think it's not a good idea to call it Maya.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Some mock-ups with standard WMC blue :)
    Folie1.PNG Folie2.PNG Folie3.PNG Folie4.PNG Folie5.PNG

JackTramiel

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 22, 2006
    Recklinghausen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks great. What i always liked about mce´s gui was that there where no - in my opinion - unneeded infos/gfx like "bluray cover" for a movie, resolution, sound type and so on. We never had a situation where we decided to watch a particular movie because its hd or got dts sound. Hope there is a chance to keep this simple design. Anyway, interesting epg view. WuselEPG user? :D.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyway, interesting epg view. WuselEPG user?
    Looks like normal EPG to me, with Colors turned on and some Channel logo plugin. Only the HD Symbol is unfamiliar to me.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Will it be possible to add the great "album artist view" (from WMC/Music) to this skin?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyway, interesting epg view. WuselEPG user? :D.
    I use "WMC Reset ToolBox" (not free of charge) to add Groups, buttons and perform further modifications :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I actually could build an ugly duckling, but working skeleton. A designer like you (@ge2301 ) could then add the shiny effects, artwork and other blinky stuff needed. I also think an optional darker (black/gray) look would work great.
    But before I start I want to continue on the Package Manager.
    And we need to find a suitable name. It should imply that it's an WMC lookalike Skin, but without the "W" in the name I guess. "MC" only is a bit general.
    Hi Osre,
    have you already played around a bit with the ugly duckling? :)
    Basically the key is having a listbox in a listbox for the main menu and the keeping the focus in the center when scrolling. If this is working I could already build something around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom