Status
Not open for further replies.

wizard123

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was laughing as i initially read it as ex weapons of mass destruction users and you want those users lol

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard,
    Osre is busy in his real life at the moment. But I still think that the "WMC skin" for MP2 is something that would attract a lot of users, as moving away from WMC due to Win10.
    Could that be something you are also interested in? I already have some designs ready, but the base structure is needed. What does that mean?
    • In WMC each "plugin" has one appid and one or more entrypoint ids. The Infos( Name, images and so) come from the registration XML files. A similar way would make sense?
    • The main menu is a list in a list or in other words a nested listview: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10887882/binding-a-nested-listview-in-wpf
    • All other views need only some modifications, but can refer to existing skin code as base
    folie1-png.165744

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In WMC each "plugin" has one appid and one or more entrypoint ids. The Infos( Name, images and so) come from the registration XML files. A similar way would make sense?
    This could be achieved by the existing workflow definitons: from "home" -> "plugin" is the main item, from "plugin" to 2nd level workflow states could be the sub-items.
    The main menu is a list in a list or in other words a nested listview:
    I used nested ListViews before in EPG (master list: channel, secondary list: programs), so this should work as well

This means in principle we should have everything. Only a model for building the menu items is required to make this work.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The autocentering of menu items and endless loop is also working meanwhile (necessary to be close to WMC style), so technically we have everything besides a model :)
    A menu editor would be also much easier as positionsing of the tiles as with BV Model is not an issue. It's just about allocation of subitems to its group.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I've got limited time in the next couple of weeks but I can try and put together a model at some point.

What are the requirements? ItemsLists for groups and subgroups and ideally configurable?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got limited time in the next couple of weeks but I can try and put together a model at some point.
    Great! :) There is absolutely no time pressure, as I also should finish the current skins/themes at first. But as I prefer to have the MIA rework done at first and also have limited time, I'm not so active last weeks.
    What are the requirements? ItemsLists for groups and subgroups and ideally configurable?
    Exactly. Did you ever use Windows Media Center? I can write down a requirement list.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom