MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    interesting idea to clone the Main and subtile Feature
    in wmc is that manged under 2 things
    AppID can be definded as MenuStripe and that can be some Subtiles wich can be with the EntrypointId

here an exsample how it works in wmc

http://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmed...r/trunk/ArgusTV.UI.MediaCenter/Television.XML
    http://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmed...Center/trunk/ArgusTV.UI.MediaCenter/Radio.xml
    http://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmed...k/ArgusTV.UI.MediaCenter/Code/AddIns/AddIn.cs

and Looks like so
    http://a.fsdn.com/con/app/proj/windowsmediacenteraddins/screenshots/menu.png/182/137

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    interesting idea to clone the Main and subtile Feature
    in wmc is that manged under 2 things
    AppID can be definded as MenuStripe and that can be some Subtiles wich can be with the EntrypointId

here an exsample how it works in wmc

http://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmed...r/trunk/ArgusTV.UI.MediaCenter/Television.XML
    http://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmed...Center/trunk/ArgusTV.UI.MediaCenter/Radio.xml
    http://sourceforge.net/p/windowsmed...k/ArgusTV.UI.MediaCenter/Code/AddIns/AddIn.cs

and Looks like so
    http://a.fsdn.com/con/app/proj/windowsmediacenteraddins/screenshots/menu.png/182/137
    We need it just to have in xaml, unfortunately it differs from xml language. Also keeping the focus in the centre is currently not possible and demands some #c code.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    sure but i would Show how it in wmc works
    each plugin has one appid and one or more entrypoint ids

the Infos( Name Pngs and so) Comes from the Registration XML files

the UI in wmc is mcml and the codebehind c#

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I actually could build an ugly duckling, but working skeleton. A designer like you (@ge2301 ) could then add the shiny effects, artwork and other blinky stuff needed. I also think an optional darker (black/gray) look would work great.
    But before I start I want to continue on the Package Manager.
    And we need to find a suitable name. It should imply that it's an WMC lookalike Skin, but without the "W" in the name I guess. "MC" only is a bit general.
    Hi Osre,
    have you already played around a bit with the ugly duckling? :)
    Basically the key is having a listbox in a listbox for the main menu and the keeping the focus in the center when scrolling. If this is working I could already build something around.
    Actually I played around already a bit with such a control. I also had a close look how the WMC control behaves.
    Actually its not as simple. You have an asymmetrical focused element, different templates for focused an not focused elements, scrolling animations, ...

But what I think is most important for our WMC lookalike is not only the main menu, but the TV EPG, Media library navigation, ...
    Anyone can get used to a slightly different main menu, I use it rarely in WMC, since the most important parts have a shortcut on the remote.
    But as for the navigation inside the plugins, I can use everything without thinking about it. Even my son, who can not read yet, can continue or restart recordings of his shows.

Finally: I'll see what I can do in the near future.

KayDiefenthal

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2006
    Germany - Bonn
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I actually could build an ugly duckling, but working skeleton. A designer like you (@ge2301 ) could then add the shiny effects, artwork and other blinky stuff needed. I also think an optional darker (black/gray) look would work great.
    But before I start I want to continue on the Package Manager.
    And we need to find a suitable name. It should imply that it's an WMC lookalike Skin, but without the "W" in the name I guess. "MC" only is a bit general.
    Hi Osre,
    have you already played around a bit with the ugly duckling? :)
    Basically the key is having a listbox in a listbox for the main menu and the keeping the focus in the center when scrolling. If this is working I could already build something around.
    Actually I played around already a bit with such a control. I also had a close look how the WMC control behaves.
    Actually its not as simple. You have an asymmetrical focused element, different templates for focused an not focused elements, scrolling animations, ...

But what I think is most important for our WMC lookalike is not only the main menu, but the TV EPG, Media library navigation, ...
    Anyone can get used to a slightly different main menu, I use it rarely in WMC, since the most important parts have a shortcut on the remote.
    But as for the navigation inside the plugins, I can use everything without thinking about it. Even my son, who can not read yet, can continue or restart recordings of his shows.

Finally: I'll see what I can do in the near future.
    yes that is the Point why i wrote that Information

each plugin in wmc can started with appid and entrypoint id

with other words if a plugin has 5 entrypoints and entrypoint 4 is for EPG

that had i told Morpheus for Long time ago but i doesnt know if he it read that

so can you bind the appid with entrypoint 4 to the remote for open the epg

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes that is the Point why i wrote that Information

each plugin in wmc can started with appid and entrypoint id
    with other words if a plugin has 5 entrypoints and entrypoint 4 is for EPG
    that had i told Morpheus for Long time ago but i doesnt know if he it read that
    so can you bind the appid with entrypoint 4 to the remote for open the epg

Ok, now got the point about your message :)
    Do you also have some coding skills? Everybody who can contribute is welcome to realize this skin.

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @KayDiefenthal if I'm not totally wrong, every "screen" of an MP2 plugin can be placed in the main menu. I think should not be an problem.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As I'm planing a Menu editor for BlueVision skin right now I would like to ask, if there is a way to use a similar XML file for the Menu configuration here like it is used in BV (best would be on all skins, not only "WMC Lookalike" and BV). So the Editor can be used more generic...

osre

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2014
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    BV skin uses a simple grouping of menu items. I think the same strategy would also work for WMC skin.
    Also @morpheus_xx mentioned already (I think in the blue vision skin) that it might be a good idea to put the grouping menu model into the core, if more skins use ist.
    Currently BV uses a copy from AO skin menu models. WMC skin would be the 3rd then.

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please realize this skin, it's a great idea!! (y)
    Regarding name of the skin, I'd make it simple and just call it "WMC skin" for MediaPortal.
    • This avoids any misunderstandings, users directly know what this skin is about
    • only the name will attract lot of ex WMC users and you want those users I guess
    • I think there is no copyright on wmc, only the same logo shouldn't be used.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom