Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Exactly. Did you ever use Windows Media Center? I can write down a requirement list.
    I think the last time I used it was on Vista, a good few years ago...

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here the requirement list, but see it more as a proposal. I case you have great ideas it's even better. I like WMC, as many others very much, because it is simple, stable and intuitive. Even a kid can operate it. Thanks to the main menu structure you can easily reach everywhere quite fast. If we keep this and improve some minor points it can really result into a good skin.

• The skin is controllable by mouse and remote/keyboard. Only in case of mouse usage following is visible in all screens!
      • "green button" with a menu function (perhaps this can be also skipped)
      • "back" button on top of every screen
      • "control" button in righ footer. Inactive buttions are simply "grayed out"
    Unbenannt.jpg
    • Home screen
      • There are pre-defined groups (same categoried as in BV: Audio, Video, Pictures, TV, Settings, Currently playing, Others, ...)
      • For each group up to 5 items can be added (which is also max. for BV at the moment, even though more possible). As in WMC, a 6th item would be not visible any more, which is not good
      • Really wonderful would be, of the groups and items could be configured by the user inGui! The user can add, remove and rename groups and freely arrange the items from a list of all existing items
      • The itemlist is nested into the grouplist with active autocentering, means the focus is always on the same position
      • There are transition effects, when the focus is changed, means the content is moving towards the focus (this is not mandatory for the beginning, but will make it visually attractive
    Unbenannt.jpg
    • Others will follow. I can also provide you a with Windows 10 working version of WMC to see transition effects and screens "live" :) If you have not Windows 10 and WMC included even better

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've got limited time in the next couple of weeks but I can try and put together a model at some point.

What are the requirements? ItemsLists for groups and subgroups and ideally configurable?
    If you do it only with half quality as the emulators plugin has, it'll be already great :D So far everything you made was perfect, I have no doubts.

Bobnz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2013
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am not aware of any MP2 skin that supports mouse use - eg being able to adjust the volume up/down etc.
    If this proposed skin can do that then I will be happy to go MP2!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think that almost all MP2 skins are more mouse friendly than remote friendly. Only TItanium Extended is an exception.
    But thanks for your feedback. you're right, that currently the volume can not be changed with only mouse.
    I'll consider this for the WMC skin and do my best to support it.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Screenshot from a veery early pre-alpha version. The menu is working, but allocation of submenu items to mainmenu items and transition effects are not done.
    Anyhow great step :) Thanks to @morpheus_xx for the menu model so far.
    wmc.jpg

ysmp

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 17, 2008
    Seoul.
    Home Country
    South Korea South Korea
    hi ge2301,
    very nice work on this wmc design (y)
    just a small note, in the old days of mp1, there was a skin wmc for mp1,
    as far as i remember there was a legal issue for the skin as wmc was a trade mark.
    i'm not sure if still have legal issue, as wmc was stop in win 10.
    better to check it again to prevent any problem to mp team.

i suggest to make the icons little deterrent then original ...

keep up the great work you do (y)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom