Working Free US EPG (1 Viewer)

Lostintrans

Portal Member
April 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
:D
wow, this is my first time posting in the forum and I couldn't be more pleased. I yoo downloaded the new mc2xml program from his site and now i get all my channels again. Thanks alot everybody, especially the mc2xml software guy. Now if i could only fix my other problems that easily....... :)

winterescape

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2009
    Home Country
    The author of MC2xml seems to think no one uses the titan tv service so please e-mail him and donate to thank him for his work and let him know that lots of folks still use titan tv…

michael90t

Portal Member
    April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Well it seems Titantv has once again made the 30 digit # invalide....

ANYONE kno how to find the 30 digit ID # that titantv assignes to you???

Lostintrans

Portal Member
    April 21, 2009
    Home Country
    My Mc2xml stopped working with Titan TV again also. This is the only service that has the FTA channels I need to make my epg work. If anyone else has found a better, more reliable way to get Titan TV or some other FTA listings please post.

Thanks

joeutah

May 5, 2009
    Home Country
    I'm exhausted

How is it that my vizio tv can get a fta guide but I have to write code and look things up and put files in specific places to get the guide to work in MP? It must be easier than this. Am I missing something?

michael90t

Portal Member
    April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    ok I found out how to get a working 30 digit id number for titan.... Its not hard perse but its not simple either.... there may be an easier way but this is how I figured one out

MOST cards come with some type of media software MOST those media softwares probably has an agreement with titantv if not sorry this prolly wont help.......

you will require a packet sniffer (I use wireshark...)

I have an ATI Theater 650 pro card it came with catalyst media center

installed catalyst media center

I ran the packet sniffer in the background and had it start capturing packets on my network card connected to the interwebz..(good idea to not have anyother programs running like browsers or anything that would develop network traffic makes it easier to find what your going to need)

during setup when it asked for EPG source I selected titan then let it start looking for epg data

I switched to the packet sniffer and once it had gatherd some packets (you do NOT need to wait for the EPG to finish dloading) I stopped the capture. In wire shark (and prolly anyother sniffer) I right clicked on a packet I know was from titantv ( IP addy should be 66.43.219.228 or similiar) and clicked "follow tcp stream" it will pop up a window with the packets combined and in raw data form..... at the very beginning there will be a handshake that looks similiar to this

GET /dataservice.asmx/RequestProgramData2?
    UUID=******************************&ProviderId=G_45005&DaysRequested=8&UTCStartTime=2009-05-05T20:53:59Z
    HTTP/1.1
    Host: data.titantv.com
    Accept: */*

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Connection: close
    Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 20:53:52 GMT
    Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0
    X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    X-AspNet-Version: 2.0.50727
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Cache-Control: private, max-age=0
    Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
    etc etc......................

Or REALLY similiar... in the first set of info where it says UUID instead of **** there will be a string of letter and #'s this is your UUID for your setup....

go into your mc2xml folder

delete your mc2xml.dat file

make a file called runmc2xml.bat or something like that

in it type in
    mc2xml -y ****************************** -o "tvguide.xml"

replaceing the * with your UUID that you sniffed

save the file

use the bat file to run mc2xml from now on out and you should be back in business as this UUID is more or less unique to you and your setup(I THINK) it should no longer stop working....

I am not very smart when it comes to this stuff BUT if you have any questions I will TRY to help.... its all ALOT simpler then it seems and only takes a few minutes to do.... and once you have the UUID you can go ahead and uninstall whatever software that came with the card and go back to hapily using media portal with mc2xml working happily

Just set a task in windows task schedualer point it to the .bat file you created and have it run it once or twice a week(thats all you need to run it.... anymore just wastes bandwidth and runs the chance of titan blocking that UUID)

meq123

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Home Country
    ok I found out how to get a working 30 digit id number for titan.... Its not hard perse but its not simple either.... there may be an easier way but this is how I figured one out

You sir, are a genius (well very smart, anyway). Great idea and works perfectly. I had been using yapi2xml to get guide data, but that seems to have stopped updating past May 19th :mad: and since mc2xml doesn't get ATSC data from MCE I've been searching for a TitanTV ID - little realizing I had a buried one of my own all along!

I just moved my ATI 650 Pro (actually a VisionTek clone) into an old test PC, loaded up Catalyst and Wireshark, and away I went to find my ID! Couple of notes... my TitanTV IP addr was nothing like yours, but I just scanned down the Wireshark capture 'til I saw a DNS query for TitanTV (the address came back from that). Then just a bit below that in the capture I could see the UUID.

You deserve one big sloppy kiss (from the dog ;) )

(For other's benefit) I've attached a portion of my Wireshark capture window below with personal parts redacted to protect the innocent - the purple line hides where the UUID can be found...

:D

Attachments

• Capture.gif
      Capture.gif
      15.5 KB

michael90t

Portal Member
    April 1, 2009
    Home Country
    Glad I could be of some service to the community!!

BTW I have the same card, the visiontek copy of the theater 650 pro(PCIE) very happy with it just wished it had duel digital tuners instead of one digital and one analog......

if my uuid ever stops working I will prolly donate to the mc2mxl and get the newer version apparently the new MCE database has all the ATSC info as well....

flamaest

July 21, 2009
    Home Country
    Wow, I love the fact that we have found out how to retrrive this ID now, but this is kind of an awkward fix.

Many of us do not have all of this software and hardware just laying around to sniff out IDs.

Isn't there a pool of 30 char IDs we can get mc2xml working again?

Mc2xml has one 30 char ID included, why not include more than one?

Thanks,
    F.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom