Working Free US EPG (1 Viewer)

kalrith

January 12, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Wow, I love the fact that we have found out how to retrrive this ID now, but this is kind of an awkward fix.

Many of us do not have all of this software and hardware just laying around to sniff out IDs.

Isn't there a pool of 30 char IDs we can get mc2xml working again?

Mc2xml has one 30 char ID included, why not include more than one?

Thanks,
F.

Just follow winterescape's posts #12 & #14, and you don't have to have any special hardware or anything like that. That's what I did, and it works great. I use OTA and followed his advice for using the guide info from cable and using the cable channel numbers that they rebroadcast the locals on. I went to tvlistings.aol.com to find this information.

flamaest

July 21, 2009
Home Country
so, we don't need titantv? I thought this was the best source for scheduale info..?

mdg78

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Providence, RI
Home Country
Do people still have titantv still working? I'm using the UUID that I pulled from my program, however, I get "Error HL: -y". I don't quite understand this. Does this mean that my UUID is invalid?

Michael

michael90t

Portal Member
April 1, 2009
Home Country
Wow, I love the fact that we have found out how to retrrive this ID now, but this is kind of an awkward fix.

Many of us do not have all of this software and hardware just laying around to sniff out IDs.

Isn't there a pool of 30 char IDs we can get mc2xml working again?

Mc2xml has one 30 char ID included, why not include more than one?

Thanks,
F.

Wire shark is the only program you need to find your ID (or any other packet sniffer) its a free download so...

the reason that there is not a pool for more #'s is those # come from a manufacturer paying titantv for rights to access the database.... then when you buy a product from one of them who's software allows you to get the EPG from titan you have a unique ID code.....

the reason that they stop working is because its INTENDED for one person to use the code... and when its given out they can trace and see hell there seems to be ALOT of people using this code... that they then make invalid...

So your probably not going to find many individuals willing to give out a valid code and risk that their ID will stop working....( I KNOW I wont.... will help you find yours but no way am I risking mine LOL)

so your options are...

1 Pay for a EPG service (defeats the idea of free EPG I know thats why I figured out how to get my ID)

2 Donate and support the person who wrote mc2xml and get the added support of the NEW Microsoft database which seems to have all the great broadcast stuff(your STILL getting free EPG but your also helping support a good guy who brought you a great product...)

3 download some free software and spend a few minutes figuring out your ID if the tuner you bought has a contract with titan(MOST do)

Do people still have titantv still working? I'm using the UUID that I pulled from my program, however, I get "Error HL: -y". I don't quite understand this. Does this mean that my UUID is invalid?

Michael

the uuid I got from my setup is still working just fine..... did you setup a batch file so that it runs mc2xml with your id in it??? and run the batch file to update the EPG and not running mc2xml directly????

mdg78

Portal Member
February 23, 2009
Providence, RI
Home Country

Michael

the uuid I got from my setup is still working just fine..... did you setup a batch file so that it runs mc2xml with your id in it??? and run the batch file to update the EPG and not running mc2xml directly????

I tried it both ways, with a batch file and from command line. Either way, when I delete the mc2xml.dat file, it opens up the GUI to input my zip code and select service. If I select titantv, I always get "Error HL: -y". If I select microsoft legacy, it works fine, but I prefer the data from titantv, obviously. I've tried this also with the -t option, and the -t -y with my uuid option. Don't quite know why its not working for me. :confused:

Michael

michael90t

Portal Member
April 1, 2009
Home Country

Michael

I tried it both ways, with a batch file and from command line. Either way, when I delete the mc2xml.dat file, it opens up the GUI to input my zip code and select service. If I select titantv, I always get "Error HL: -y". If I select microsoft legacy, it works fine, but I prefer the data from titantv, obviously. I've tried this also with the -t option, and the -t -y with my uuid option. Don't quite know why its not working for me. :confused:

Michael

Hrmmmm

here is an exact copy of the batch file I use to run mc2xmll it only has this one line in it....

mc2xml -y XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX -o "tvguide.xml"

replace the X's with the GUID you found and it should work..... and then from then on out only use the batch file for running mc2xml....

if its still throwing a -y error then your GUID is bad for some reason..... find it again and make sure you have it correct... and next time dont hand it out if you did (titan seem to be very quick on shutting down #'s that multiple people are using) ......... the guid should be more or less unique from the couple people I have talked to we have shared the last couple digits and they where all different....

Setup a task in the windows task manager to run your batch file twice a week and you should be fine

doctboo

September 28, 2009
Home Country
Dat file contents for titantv

I'm getting the same results with the -y error. If I try and run from the command line without a dat file, mc2xml launches the GUI which in turn uses the default and invalid UUID and not the one I supplied. If I use a blank dat file, I still get the same error.

The dat file looks like it is plain text. If this is still working for you, could you post the contents of your dat file, less any personal information of course.;) Then we could replicate it and see if that works.

Thanks.

meq123

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Home Country
The dat file looks like it is plain text. If this is still working for you, could you post the contents of your dat file, less any personal information of course.;) Then we could replicate it and see if that works.

Thanks.

Mine's still working fine. this is the content of my (2 line) dat file, but doubt from looking at it that it will be helpful (Note, random chars have been manually changed in the 'garbage' strings, so what is shown is not usable):

------------
Rockville, Comcast Montgomery County (Digital)
/tzNQ4S5iEpu2kh7GiD/63/H5E2l/Oty54uCy/CyKU1IBCduE3YOgLyhSfaTyuQk
------------

michael90t

Portal Member
April 1, 2009
Home Country
I'm getting the same results with the -y error. If I try and run from the command line without a dat file, mc2xml launches the GUI which in turn uses the default and invalid UUID and not the one I supplied. If I use a blank dat file, I still get the same error.

Thanks.

Because your trying to run it from the command line....... the .dat file only contains information about the channels and the service you wish to use it does NOT contain the UUID information... you need to run it from a .bat file(batch file)that will tell it to use the correct UUID and to rename the output file so that media portal will automgically be able to import it :) If you have found your valid id(or have an id that is valid) just follow these simple steps...

go into your mc2xml folder

delete your mc2xml.dat file

make a file called runmc2xml.bat or something like that

in it type in
mc2xml -y ****************************** -o "tvguide.xml"

replaceing the * with your UUID that you sniffed

save the file

use the bat file to run mc2xml from now on out(you HAVE to run it from the batch file EVERY time so it will log in with the correct uuid)..... and you should be back in business as this UUID is more or less unique to you and your setup(I THINK) it should no longer stop working....

the UUID that I recovered from my system back in the beginning of may(almost 5 months ago now) is still working perfectly....

Methinks people that are having problems are confusing .bat file and the .dat file....

EDITED: to try to clarify between .dat and .bat

doctboo

September 28, 2009
Home Country
Methinks people that are having problems are confusing .bat file and the .dat file....

EDITED: to try to clarify between .dat and .bat

And yet, running a BAT file with either

mc2xml -y *****************************6 -o tvguide.xml

or

mc2xml -t -y *****************************6 -c us -g 20*** -o tvguide.xml

without a DAT file present will produce the GUI on a windows machine.

Having now seen the contents of a DAT on a working setup does reveal that the presence of the file is required to run from the command line, and that the contents are most likely irrelevant since the contents posted look like the contents of my DAT file when I select Microsoft Legacy as the service. On top of that, I have run the BAT file with an empty DAT file and continue to get the -y error.

The more likely issue is that I and Michael (mdg78) have sniffed an invalid UUID, or the wrong UUID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom