working on new MP Upnp Renderer process plugin (1 Viewer)

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Servers: WMP and Nokia N9

controllers: The same WMP play-to and Helium

I also tried BubbleUPnP but I seem to be having major problems with my network.

I guess you should disregard my previous post since I'm using some beta-quality software and my router seems to need repeated rebooting to get different devices to see each other. Can't really start blaming any single parts until I find out what's going on...:oops:

Still. Great work and keep at it, please. :)

frgo

Portal Member
    January 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    I've tried it with BubbleUPNP on my galaxy tab and with HTC's connected media on my phone. I can play avi videos from my tab, I can rewind but I can't stop or pause them. Even if I shutdown bubbleupnp or even if I turn off wifi damn thing continues to play the movie in mediaportal :D I can't play pictures or mp4 videos recorded with my phone at all.

Despite some problems it's nice to see such a promising plugin. Keep up the good work ! :)

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I like! Good work!

Hopefully you'll figure out pictures!
    2012-04-15 12:19:52.150089 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: GUIWindow: Dispose exception - System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNextRare()
    at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Enumerator.MoveNext()
    at MediaPortal.ExtensionMethods.ListExtMethods.DisposeAndClearCollection[T](ICollection`1 listInterface)
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Dispose()

During videoplayback (i think it froze on my phone)
    2012-04-15 12:22:16.808363 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: [MP Upnp Renderer:] Error Pause: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    This is a process plugin for Mediaportal to send your music, video or pictures from your handy, tablet, pc or any other upnp controller device to Mediaportal. You can comfortable browse the media files on your Upnp Server (e.g. your PC or NAS). You can play the selected mediafiles at mediaportal by using the "playTo" or "Throw" function from your upnp device (e.g. a tablet or handy).
    So for me playing music and videos over my android tablet with e.g. bubbleUpnp, upnpplay or 2player works perfect for me now. Also with wmp!
    Stop,Start, Mute, Seek and Volume Cntrol with full feedback to upnp-controller is working.
    Hi guys,

Can someone explain what this really is all about please because it's not clear to me.
    - does a upnp device become kind of a remote control without having to install client software?
    - is it to prevent moving media files to your MP storage?

I know roughly what upnp stands for but do not understand what it can add to MP.
    TIA
    P.

1stdead

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2008
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well i use it for this: I can from my phone to send music, video, picture (from phone) into the MP. This plugin is kinda a server which listen for input from external devices.

Anthrax

Portal Pro
    February 15, 2007
    pretty much in the center
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Guys,

in the first thread you find the new version with some buxfixes:

05.03.2012, V2.0.4.0 :
    - some changes for picture viewing (but not really working)
    - much work for optimize playing mp4-videostreams (but only works with full caching)

12.03.2012, V2.0.6.0 :
    - optimized workflow showing track info for music

6.4.2012, V2.0.8->V2.1.1:
    - source code prepared for release, changed to internal version 2.1.1

The source code you will find here.

bye,
    hierl_w

Hi hierl_w,

thank you very much for the source code!
    At first glance it seems like you were having the same trouble with the (former) Intel libraries as I did ;-)
    Did you fix anything within UPnP.dll itself, or did you work your way around?

I'm reevaluating Platinum SDK again at the moment - they added a managed wrapper around their (pretty awesome) UPnP/DLNA SDK which looks promising (well, for the MediaServer & ControlPoint part anyways since they didn't wrap their MediaRenderer yet and I can't stand C++ no more ;-) )

I'd really love to see a nice and polished UPnP Suite for MP 1.x.x until we have a fully DLNA compliant MP II in the future (wink to the core dev)...

If you're still interested in putting our efforts together just let me know and I'll add you to the public repo with r/w permissions:
    https://myupnpsupport.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
    I tried to organize the code from the get go and have everything nice and neat to hopefully lure somebody into helping me ;-) (note to self - try commenting next!)
    I also added the UPnP sources so all the fixes in there won't be lost to the community...

You should find major similarities in here: MyUPnPSupport\Plugin\Devices\MediaPortalDMR.cs ;-)

And since the feedback in this thread seems very promising I can forget about the DMR part and head over to the server and controller (think Window-Plugin) part.

Cheers and high fives all around,
    Anthrax

PS: UPnP/DLNA what a pain in the bottom! I think the international definition of "standard" differs from the german meaning...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Off topic but is there a good uPnP server process plugin for mediaportal?

I'd like mediaportal to serve music files based on the my music database, and to server video files based on the mytvseries and moving pictures database.

hierl_w

Portal Member
    February 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Just released a new Version at
    https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/mp-upnp-renderer

23.4.2012, V2.1.3:
    - changed the picture viewer to g_Player:
    showing pictures is much better now, but not perfect.
    Shows picture in fullscreen for some seconds now.
    - Optimized Picture caching.
    - reduced dialog messages
    - some more code restucture
    - some little bugfixes

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom