WorldWeather: Invalid or empty provider key specified. (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I just updated StreamedMP when I was prompted today and since then, it is giving me a World Weather error when I launch MP:

Invalid or empty provider key specified.

Can you please let me know what I need to do to fix this? I looked for an updated version of World Weather, but I didn't see that there was one. This only started happening immediately after installing the new StreamedMP update.

Thanks!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I just updated StreamedMP when I was prompted today and since then, it is giving me a World Weather error when I launch MP:

Can you please let me know what I need to do to fix this? I looked for an updated version of World Weather, but I didn't see that there was one. This only started happening immediately after installing the new StreamedMP update.

Thanks!
    Try entering weather configuration and choosing a different provider. Maybe something has changed for your existing provider with the new version.

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    just updated. started getting the weather popup every 30 minutes. went into settings and saw that the provider was set to accuweather, and it wants a key (which i don't know anything about). i tried to change the provider to a different one, but when i hit save and exit out of config, and then return to the config, the provider has reverted to accuweather. as a result i still get the weather popup, and the weather page still doesn't work. doesn't matter which provider i choose, it always reverts to accuweather, and still doesn't work. the only thing i can do for now is prevent it from refreshing, so that it doesn't interrupt my viewing with constant popups.

mkjustuk

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2011
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    just updated. started getting the weather popup every 30 minutes. went into settings and saw that the provider was set to accuweather, and it wants a key (which i don't know anything about). i tried to change the provider to a different one, but when i hit save and exit out of config, and then return to the config, the provider has reverted to accuweather. as a result i still get the weather popup, and the weather page still doesn't work. doesn't matter which provider i choose, it always reverts to accuweather, and still doesn't work. the only thing i can do for now is prevent it from refreshing, so that it doesn't interrupt my viewing with constant popups.

Ditto - can anyone shed some light on this?

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ditto - can anyone shed some light on this?
    I have the same problem.

NightOwl69

Portal Member
    September 4, 2007
    First of all thanks for such a great skin. It makes MediaPortal look awesome.

I'm having the same problem described in post #117.

I just updated StreamedMP to this version. Since then every time MP launches and everytime World Weather refreshes its data (set at 30 minutes) I get the following popup error message:

I've checked I'm running the latest version of WorldWeather (1.0.1.0) and the latest version of this skin (StreamedMP-1.7.8.3202).

My config for WorldWeather is to use AccuWeather which doesn't require a key and It's actually retrieving the weather details.
    See attached for pic for all my WorldWeather Settings.

I suspect this may be a problem with the skin itself always expecting a key when one is not always required. Any help would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• WorldWeatherConfig.jpg
      WorldWeatherConfig.jpg
      101.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom