WorldWeather Lite (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I found a Titan Plus patch which works well and also puts a weather status icon at the top-right.

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Is it possible to rename the plugin name on the home screen from the English "Weather" to local language? Like it is in World weather.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @OleDK,
    ... Is it possible to rename the plugin name on the home screen from the English "Weather" to local language?
    Sorry for my late reply, but I was out of Germany for the last 1,5 month. With WorldWeatherLite you can't do this programmatically, because the menu text is controlled by the translation file. Please open the appropriate language file, search for "<String id="280">" and change the content of this XML tag to your personal needs.

Cheers, Micropolis

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    before creating WorldWeather Lite, we have a lot of team internal discussions about the scope of functions this plugin should support. The decision was to support only weather related features, astronomical things and other are out of scope. Please use WorldWeather instead, if you want to display/know such information.
    Hi!
    Its me again. :):whistle:
    Maybe it’s still possible to add such data in the WWL?
    upload_2019-2-20_10-30-39.png

Screenshots from Windows 10 Weather - Provider (MSN) Foreca

PS:
    I unfortunately did not participate in the discussion. There was no access to the internal forum at that time.
    Or maybe there is somewhere source code, and I can fork and make these changes? :):whistle::coffee:

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    All these data are covered by WorldWeather (not Lite!)
    Yes, I know, but in the full version there is a lot of data, it is overloaded.
    I can of course try to put the full version and redo the skin from light.
    But it's like nailing a microscope. More traffic, more load.
    Especially if it is already in one version, it seems to me that there is nothing difficult to transfer to another.
    I really like what the weather looks like in Windows 10. That would be such a MediaPortal.
    And as @Micropolis disappeared....
    This is bad, again we do not have the source code for the popular plugin, and there is no developer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom