WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dear community,

@kjegibbons:
    ... Any idea as to why some of the first line of entries in the "Graphical" view never show ...
    it's not supported by the provider(s) and also it does not make sense, because you don't have a prior entry to compare.

Cheers, Micropolis

That's perfectly logical......but I'm trying to clear in my own mind as to why "Condition", "Wind" and "Cloud Coverage" do show comparative entries but "Temperature", "Pressure" and "Humidity" do not.

Thanks in advance.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @kjegibbons,
    ... That's perfectly logical......but I'm trying to clear in my own mind as to why "Condition", "Wind" and "Cloud Coverage" do show comparative entries but "Temperature", "Pressure" and "Humidity" do not ...
    ok, let me explain this a little bit more. Yr.No or wetter.com gives me temperature, condition, wind etc. for each hour, starting with the current one. Because of this, I'm able to display values (and graphics) from the beginning. All other graphical information (temperature is higher/lower, pressure is higher/lower, humidity is higher/lower) will be determined in a loop based on this information. For the first entries (temperature, pressure, humidity, precipitation), I doesn't have a prior entry, so I'm not able to compare the value. The result is a blank field. Do you want to see the yellow circle here?

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,

thank you for a great job - once again.

I had identified a race condition for the provider grabber, please install the latest nightly build and try again.
    Installed. Looks good so far ... no misbehavior yet :)
    I' not sure what you mean with background task, but I suggest it's the time when the wait cursor is visible. I'm not able to reproduce this with my and your weather profile, every time I change the location and the appropriate option is checked, all images are reloaded.
    To check the image cache builder on a higher level, you can open your temporary folder (e.g. c:\users\<yourname>\appdata\local\temp) and verify, if old WorldWeather specific files are deleted before and rebuild after any location change.
    I have attached a screen shot which I hope helps:
    MP-After Background Task Update.png

And just one question related to the graphs. Today I noticed that it was possible to have graphs that are higher than the y-axis (see attachments). Is that intentional?
    MPGraph.pngMP-graph3.png MPHistory.png

Regards

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... I have attached a screen shot which I hope helps:
    I'd put a simple image control to the xml, which contains the information to display the current weather condition.

Code:
      <control>
       <description>radar image from helsten2</description>
       <type>image</type>
       <id>0</id>
       <posX>100</posX>
       <posY>500</posY>
       <width>250</width>
       <height>250</height>
       <texture>#WorldWeather.ImageWeather0</texture>
       <visible>string.equals(#WorldWeather.View,Condition)+string.equals(#WorldWeather.ConditionView,Normal)</visible>
      </control>
    Each time I change the location (e.g. from your home location to Rio), the image cache will be destroyed correctly and rebuild again, if I go back to your home location. I'd made various tests and the texture property contains the latest version of this image (double check with Internet Explorer) and is displayed correctly. Currently I'm out of ideas, where the problem can be located.

... And just one question related to the graphs. Today I noticed that it was possible to have graphs that are higher than the y-axis (see attachments). Is that intentional? ...
    This is a axis calculation problem, in the next few days I'll try to find entry criterias to reproduce this.

Cheers, Micropolis

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,

thanks again for spending all this time on my problems.

Each time I change the location (e.g. from your home location to Rio), the image cache will be destroyed correctly and rebuild again, if I go back to your home location.
    Sorry, I guess I haven't been clear. Change of location works perfect. The image displays and updates correctly :)

Also, manual Refresh from the menu works perfect. The image displays and updates correctly :)

But if you enter the Normal view, waits 30 minutes for the next automatic refresh (background task) - the picture will not be updated (at least not here).
    EDIT: This worked before you added the Force image refresh after location change function.

The other data elements are updated correctly.
    Could it be something in my configuration?

Regards

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear helsten2,
    ... But if you enter the Normal view, waits 30 minutes for the next automatic refresh (background task) - the picture will not be updated (at least not here)...
    Ah, that's another point. Due to minimize traffic and performance the timer task does not refresh the images automatically - in result the image cache contains the old versions.

To fullfil your request, there are 2 possibilities:
    • both options "force image refesh at startup" and "force image refresh after location change" will be replaced by an option "force full refresh" (in consequence, if this option is enabled, at startup, after location change and timer task all images will be refreshed completely)
    • an option "force image refresh by timer" will be added, this allows you to control the timer task behavior
    I prefer the first solution, it makes the configuration more simpler. What do (or other plugin users) think about that?

Cheers, Micropolis

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,
    Thanks again for your prompt reply. And I am getting a little bit embarrassed here - as you suggest adding new functions just for me ....:oops:
    • both options "force image refesh at startup" and "force image refresh after location change" will be replaced by an option "force full refresh" (in consequence, if this option is enabled, at startup, after location change and timer task all images will be refreshed completely)
    • an option "force image refresh by timer" will be added, this allows you to control the timer task behavior
    Both will work for me. Whatever is easiest for you ...

Regards

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... Both will work for me. Whatever is easiest for you ...
    attached at the first post you can find a new build, which contains changes to refresh logic including my preferred configuration solution.
    Please test this version and give feedback, if all is working correctly now. Please don't forget to enable the configuration option "force complete refresh (incl. images)" before.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom