WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    @ Micropolis

... The "Background task" vs. "Location menu" show different weather - still happens here. Will my configuration file(s) help? If so, which ones? ...
    Yes, please. Important is your weather profile (worldweather.xml from c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal) and the plugin settings itself (section "World Weather" from your mediaportal.xml).
    Files attached (if you still need them)
    EDIT: Is it possible to repoduce this misbehavior with each provider or is it specific for your current selection?
    I tried Accu Weather, World Weather Online, Wetter.com, Weather Underground and Foreca. I was only able to get misbehavior with Accu Weather. I have not seen it happen with any of the other providers. So this seems to be a provider issue ...

Finally one observation after you introduced "force image refresh after location change" for me :)
    It looks like the images are no longer refreshed by the background task (change of location and a manual refresh works fine). Is this intentional?

Thanks again, and don't work too much over the weekend ;)

Regards

Attachments

• config.zip
      11 KB

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    Hi @schumach,

I've had a look at your skin files and they are returning data on my machine, although the layout is a bit of a mess. Having had another look at your entries in the config, you have the "Enable Background Mode" selected......View attachment 115643

Uncheck this box and I'm pretty sure this will solve your problem. This is only selected if you don't want a dedicated section in MP for the weather but want to have certain customized entries for snippets of weather info in various windows. My skin files should work with Avalon but you may have to change some of the "*.png" entries in the skins.

Regards.
    kjegibbons,

I went into my configuration and "Enable Background Mode" was/is not selected. I checked the box and save, then unchecked and save with the same results. Can you check out the config files now. If it shows the box as checked then something is corrupt and I do not know which file to delete.

Thank you,

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      9.5 KB
    • WorldWeatherAstronomy.xml
      3.6 KB
    • WorldWeatherGeoClock.xml
      1.4 KB
    • WorldWeatherHistoryCondition.xml
      20.5 KB
    • WorldWeatherGraphicCondition.xml
      55 KB
    • WorldWeatherHolidays.xml
      17.7 KB
    • WorldWeatherHourCondition.xml
      44.2 KB
    • WorldWeatherImage.xml
      13.9 KB
    • WorldWeatherNormalCondition.xml
      30.9 KB

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi @schumach,

......I went into my configuration and "Enable Background Mode" was/is not selected. I checked the box and save, then unchecked and save with the same results. Can you check out the config files now. If it shows the box as checked then something is corrupt and I do not know which file to delete.

Thank you,

Hi schumach,

Check your providers by following steps 11.1 through to 11.7 in the WW pdf manual. If that doesn't find any problems, then enable debug mode in MP and upload your log files as a zip file.

I'm not an expert with the log files but hopefully another community member can take a look at them for you.

Regards.

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    Hi @schumach,

......I went into my configuration and "Enable Background Mode" was/is not selected. I checked the box and save, then unchecked and save with the same results. Can you check out the config files now. If it shows the box as checked then something is corrupt and I do not know which file to delete.

Thank you,

Hi schumach,

Check your providers by following steps 11.1 through to 11.7 in the WW pdf manual. If that doesn't find any problems, then enable debug mode in MP and upload your log files as a zip file.

I'm not an expert with the log files but hopefully another community member can take a look at them for you.

Regards.
    Good day kjegibbons,

I figured both of us had spent enough time on this issue, so I uninstalled mediaportal and reinstalled it. Sometimes it is eaier to start over than to continue troubleshooting, especially when it only took about 1 hour to install everything back to working order.

WW is working correctly on version 1.0.0. Should I load the updated files you sent me for the Avalon skin? Would this help with some of the format issues?

Thank you very much,

schumach

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ...WW is working correctly on version 1.0.0. Should I load the updated files you sent me for the Avalon skin? Would this help with some of the format issues?

Thank you very much,

schumach

Glad you got it sorted. (y)

Yes...I would try the Avallonis skins I posted although they (obviously) use background images to suit the Avallonis skin. This shouldn't take too long to change. If you search the skin files for the *.png images using any text editor and replace the entries with ones to suit Avalon it should be fine, ie...... Capture.PNG

Let us know how you get on.

tako035

Portal Member
    December 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Turkey Turkey
    Hi There!
    There is a problem with the plugin showing the icons on the screen. When we set Format to Turkish in Region and Language settings the icons are not showing. When we set it to English or German it is Ok. We see them. How could we solve this problem? Could you please help ?

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    on thing with 1.0 I recognised - when switching the Weatherprovider (the one next to the key-button) when you leave the config and return it always shows Accuweather

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,

@kjegibbons:
    ... Any idea as to why some of the first line of entries in the "Graphical" view never show ...
    it's not supported by the provider(s) and also it does not make sense, because you don't have a prior entry to compare.

@helsten2:
    ... I tried Accu Weather, World Weather Online, Wetter.com, Weather Underground and Foreca. I was only able to get misbehavior with Accu Weather. I have not seen it happen with any of the other providers. So this seems to be a provider issue ...
    I had identified a race condition for the provider grabber, please install the latest nightly build and try again.

... It looks like the images are no longer refreshed by the background task (change of location and a manual refresh works fine). Is this intentional?
    I' not sure what you mean with background task, but I suggest it's the time when the wait cursor is visible. I'm not able to reproduce this with my and your weather profile, every time I change the location and the appropriate option is checked, all images are reloaded.
    To check the image cache builder on a higher level, you can open your temporary folder (e.g. c:\users\<yourname>\appdata\local\temp) and verify, if old WorldWeather specific files are deleted before and rebuild after any location change.

@tako035:
    ... When we set Format to Turkish in Region and Language settings the icons are not showing. When we set it to English or German it is Ok ...
    Today I'd try to find the root cause in a 4-hour debugging session, but I must say, I'm not able to find the problem. For me it seems, that the MediaPortal internal GUIPropertyManager works in a totally different way with turkish culture. I can see this misbehavior also with other plugins than mine.
    In the next days I'll try to contact a MediaPortal developer directly, currently I'm not able to give you a fixing date, sorry.

@pur_berger:
    ... when switching the Weatherprovider (the one next to the key-button) when you leave the config and return it always shows Accuweather ...
    This configuration entry "Provider key" is for key management only and does not change the current, forecast, hour or history provider. The observed behavior is normal, for me it does not make sense to save the latest provider, where a key has been changed.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom