WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
attached at the first post you can find a new nightly build including major changes to IP location detection routines, reworked language files and minor performance improvements.
If you want to test or use this version, please don't forget to replace the language files before. Feedback is welcome.

Cheers, Micropolis

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What specific changes has been done to the language files? Are they streamlined? I noticed when translating that many strings appear more than once even though they have the exact same content.

Emph

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi emph,
    What specific changes has been done to the language files? Are they streamlined?
    I don't know exactly, which language file changes I made in the last sprint cycle. The main goal was the addition of new error and notification messages and consistency improvements. The whole structure of ALL supported language files are always in sync, new or changed tags are empty.
    A history list doesn't exists, maybe a diff tool can help.

I noticed when translating that many strings appear more than once even though they have the exact same content.
    If I take a look into the master file (strings_en.xml), I'm not able to find duplicate entries. But maybe I'm blind...

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    to enhance the user experience with the upcoming beta version of MediaPortal, please find attached at the first post the release candidate of the next official version of WorldWeather. This release contains some fixes for reported problems, feedback related additions, updated skin files for DefaultWide and many minor improvements. For a complete overview, please take a look into chapter 13 of included manual.
    In case this version contains no showstoppers or major errors, it will be published in time with version 1.3.0 beta of MediaPortal. Any other known issues and requests will be handled within the next release cycle of WorldWeather.
    Thanks to @helsten2, @catavolt, @kjegibbons and all other involved members for helpful reports and suggestions.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    In case this version contains no showstoppers or major errors, it will be published in time with version 1.3.0 beta of MediaPortal. Any other known issues and requests will be handled within the next release cycle of WorldWeather.
    First impression is good - no show stoppers detected :)

My only comment is what I already wrote in [1654] : It is still possible to have graphs that are higher than the y-axis (just to keep you busy over the Christmas holiday ;) )

EDIT: I just noticed that the data in the Historical View sometimes takes quite a long time to load (15-30 seconds) - sometimes it does not load at all. I have never seen that before. But it may be an issue on the provider side (Weather Underground) just now ...
    EDIT2: This morning hourly and graphical view does not load at all (yr.no). Server?

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... This morning hourly and graphical view does not load at all (yr.no). Server? ...
    thank you for reporting this issue. I've checked the interface and currently it seems, that yr.no has some server problems.
    I'll track this problem today and give feedback, if I see changes here.

Update 2012/12/09 11pm: All yr.no services are working as expected again.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,
    I did some more testing on the Historical View. As I mentioned above, it takes quite a long time to load (15-30 seconds) - sometimes it does not load at all.
    So I re-installed your nightly build from Dec 5, and it worked perfect (instant update). Again back to the Dec 8 version: Still same problem with response times (or no data at all).
    Is this something on my side, or ...?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom