WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    View attachment 115489
    Here is the screen shot when in WorldWeather

The layout in your skin is wrong...did the layout look like in your screenshot when it was working?

Also, if you are using WW ver 1.0.1 Micropolis updated one of the drivers on 27/11 so check this and see if it makes a difference. If this doesn't help I'd try downgrading to WW ver 1.0 as ver 1.0.1 is still at "nightly build" and the only difference between the two ( as far as I'm aware) is......

"......Plugin related changes
    • support for up to 3 feeds
    • more granularity for weather direction images
    Skin related changes
    • rename of weather feed related properties (e.g. #WorldWeather.Feed to #WorldWeather.Feed<digit>Text, #WorldWeather.FeedDescription to #WorldWeather.Feed<digit>Description), please see the included manual for more information
    • update of wind direction images, now "east.png", "eastnortheast.png", "eastsoutheast.png", "north.png", "northeast.png", "northnortheast.png", "northnorthwest.png", "northwest.png", "south.png", "southeast.png", "southsoutheast.png", "southsouthwest.png", "southwest.png", "west.png", "westnorthwest.png" and "westsouthwest.png" can be used......"
    As the Avalon skin doesn't support this there doesn't seem to be much point in using WW ver 1.0.1 at the moment.

I'm releasing new skins for WW (Avallonis) imminently (hopefully today) that should work with Avalon but will need some changes in the skin files for the Avalon "Media" files for it to suit the Avalon skin.

Regards.[DOUBLEPOST=1354105365][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can I just remove the files that are listed in the .zip file and reinstall, or are there additional files that need to be deleted to remove all of WorldWeather? If there are other files can someone please list them.

I am thinking that reinstalling will take less time then troubleshooting if it was working correctly before.

Thanks,

Yes...just remove the listed files and clear your cache...I'd always recommend running a registry checker after any uninstall.
    What is strange is everything worked with Avalon for over a month and then it stopped. I will try removing the files and provide an update.
    I reverted back to defaultwide and I get the same screen image. Not sure if that helps.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    ...what is strange is everything worked with Avalon for over a month and then it stopped. I will try removing the files and provide an update.
    I reverted back to defaultwide and I get the same screen image. Not sure if that helps.

Using the Default Wide skin doesn't really tell you anything...I made this mistake myself thinking that Default Wide supports all updates and is a benchmark...it isn't!

Firstly, overwrite these drivers (attached) into your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows" directory and see if this solves the problem.

Attachments

• Windows.zip
      424.5 KB
    Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......thanks, here's an upload. this setting gives me the error "unable to load data from Yr.No". the only setting that doesn't give me this is if i change the provider key to AccuWeather, when i get an error relating to AccuWeather instead.

Changing entries in the WW config alone wont give you the results you want...think of the config as a container reading information that "you" give it rather than "it" containing the information itself.

I've had the error "unable to load data from..." myself and it's likely that either you haven't registered for an access "key" for that provider, or that you haven't entered your "key" correctly (if at all) in the WW config.

Firstly, I'd make sure that you are properly "registered" (if required by them) with all the providers you want to draw information from and have entered their "key" correctly in the WW config. If you don't have their "key" they wont let you "open their door" and will "throw an error" at you. It sounds like you are trying to draw information from a site that wont allow you to because they don't recognize you and think you are a "burglar" without a key trying to break in.

Micropolis' chart in his PDF document (see section 4.8) shows you what information you can get "with or without" registering with each provider (key or no key) ...some providers need you to be registered with them and have a "key" to obtain their info, which needs to be entered in the MediaPortal WW config for it to work otherwise you will get the errors that you seem to have.

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    ...what is strange is everything worked with Avalon for over a month and then it stopped. I will try removing the files and provide an update.

Using the Default Wide skin doesn't really tell you anything...I made this mistake myself thinking that Default Wide supports all updates and is a benchmark...it isn't!

Firstly, overwrite these drivers (attached) into your "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows" directory and see if this solves the problem.
    I used the files you provide and no change. When I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled, my location information was preserved. I deleted all the files that were part of the zip file and cleaned the registry. What else am i missing?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    I used the files you provide and no change. When I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled, my location information was preserved. I deleted all the files that were part of the zip file and cleaned the registry. What else am i missing?

No problem....I know how frustrating it can be.

Did you re-install ver 1.0.0 or 1.0.1?

Please upload your WW skin files so as I can have a look.

Regards.

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010

No problem....I know how frustrating it can be.

Did you re-install ver 1.0.0 or 1.0.1?

Please upload your WW skin files so as I can have a look.

Regards.
    I have reinstalled with both now, but my last attempt was with 1.0.0 because it does not sound like I gain anything with 1.0.1.

Thanks again

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      9.5 KB
    • WorldWeatherAstronomy.xml
      3.6 KB
    • WorldWeatherGeoClock.xml
      1.4 KB
    • WorldWeatherGraphicCondition.xml
      55 KB
    • WorldWeatherHistoryCondition.xml
      20.5 KB
    • WorldWeatherHolidays.xml
      17.7 KB
    • WorldWeatherHourCondition.xml
      44.2 KB
    • WorldWeatherImage.xml
      13.9 KB
    • WorldWeatherNormalCondition.xml
      30.9 KB

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ......I have reinstalled with both now, but my last attempt was with 1.0.0 because it does not sound like I gain anything with 1.0.1......

Thanks again

OK...I have your files and will have a look through them later on today. In the meantime, it might be worth downloading the skin files I uploaded tonight for Avalonnis and trying them with your current config and seeing if you get the same errors...it may help in finding out if your problem is skin related or not.

Regards.

Last edited:

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    ......I have reinstalled with both now, but my last attempt was with 1.0.0 because it does not sound like I gain anything with 1.0.1......

Thanks again

OK...I have your files and will have a look through them later on today. In the meantime, it might be worth downloading the skin files I uploaded tonight for Avalonnis and trying them with your current config and seeing if you get the same errors...it may help in finding out if your problem is skin related or not.

Regards.
    The files did not make any difference.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hi @Micropolis,

Any idea as to why some of the first line of entries in the "Graphical" view never show...... Capture.PNG

I've checked the skin file entries and everything is fine.

Regards.

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hi @schumach,

I've had a look at your skin files and they are returning data on my machine, although the layout is a bit of a mess. Having had another look at your entries in the config, you have the "Enable Background Mode" selected......Capture.PNG

Uncheck this box and I'm pretty sure this will solve your problem. This is only selected if you don't want a dedicated section in MP for the weather but want to have certain customized entries for snippets of weather info in various windows. My skin files should work with Avalon but you may have to change some of the "*.png" entries in the skins.

Regards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom