WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (10 Viewers)

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

I need Images for this, World, Humidity. What can i add by main map ? And i search for an feed... Location Germany..

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Full Package Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.9 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Dear community,
    today I have finished the new build of WorldWeather v0.3.9. If you had follow the latest posts, this build contains significant changes to older versions.

List of plugin related changes since last official release:

• calendar view and configuration option for season and holidays added, new properties (CalendarSelfDefinedDescription, CalendarSelfDefinedDay, CalendarSelfDefinedWeekDay)
    • extend add location wizard with city code and metric selection
    • introduction of new image views (Flat, Filmstrip, Coverflow)
    • add 2nd weather provider Yahoo, full translation support for Yahoo weather conditions, extend functionality for manual condition/icon mapping
    • introduction of mixed-mode for current/forecast condition
    • remove icon size settings from profile and move it to global settings
    • add new properties (TodayVisibility, TodayWindDirectionDegree, TodayPressure, TodayBarometricPressure, TodayBarometricPressureImage)
    • add appropriate unit selection for pressure (hektopascal, beaufort and torr) and visibility (kilometer, miles)
    • extend geo clock image selection (thx to uxDesign for images)
    • change skin directory structure

List of skin related changes:

• add optional properties (see chapter 6 for more information) and more translations (see chapter 7)
    • add button ID 5 “View”, add filmstrip control ID 50, add coverflow control ID 51
    • the image skin directory structure has changed (see included skins for more information)
    • Important hint: you can include the \worldweather\condition folder into your skin package, but it is not required (if this directory doesn't exists, the inbuilt weather condition icons will be used automatically)

List of localisation related changes:

• this build contains all translation files since last official release
    • all new/changed translation strings are empty, for the upcoming next release it is required to translate this (support is very welcome)
    • please use the included english translation file as a reference

Now it's a good time to start regression tests for this feature-complete version, to improve and enhance appropriate skin support and to translate the included language file.

@IchBinsShort:
    Yes I know this function, but it would be nice if a new stable realease would be available in the Extension Installer. Not all the nightly builds. Because he had add this Version to Download Repository on 6. January but maybe forgotten to add this to the Extension Installer. I think this takes only a few minutes.

If you add a new version to the download repository, the extension installer has the information about a newer version. In my opinion, you mean the update reminder and the availability of update.xml. Sure, I can add this, but currently the mpe1 maker gives me an exception if I want to do this. Maybe this is a problem of my development machine.
    Another solution: All of my plugins supports the functionality to remind you about new versions. It's very simple: go to the About configuration tab and enable the option "check for available updates".

@D3ltoroxp:
    I need Images for this, World, Humidity. What can i add by main map ? And i search for an feed... Location Germany..
    Copy the file WorldWeatherWebsites.xml (part of the zip file from first post) to the correct location (see manual) and select predefined images and feeds by using the appropriate combobox. The main map cannot be changed.

Best regards and cheers, Micropolis

kimnach

Portal Member
    March 18, 2008
    Hinckley, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

this is a bit odd.

I've been using world weather since it's release for purely aesthetic reasons: I got tired of the blank spaces on the home page. Now, I don't mind that the forecasts are always way off; however, it's quite annoying that the date has been off by a day since I started using it. Did you all know, for example, that tomorrow is Sunday, 14 January 2012 according to the WorldWeather plugin? My computer knows the correct date, why doesn't WW?

greg

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Full Package Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.9 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@D3ltoroxp:
    Zitat:
    Zitat von D3ltoroxp Beitrag anzeigen
    Copy the file WorldWeatherWebsites.xml (part of the zip file from first post) to the correct location (see manual) and select predefined images and feeds by using the appropriate combobox. The main map cannot be changed.

Is it not installed with the installer mpei ?

Hawkeye

Portal Pro
    January 29, 2005
    Halle (Saale)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

this is a bit odd.

I've been using world weather since it's release for purely aesthetic reasons: I got tired of the blank spaces on the home page. Now, I don't mind that the forecasts are always way off; however, it's quite annoying that the date has been off by a day since I started using it. Did you all know, for example, that tomorrow is Sunday, 14 January 2012 according to the WorldWeather plugin? My computer knows the correct date, why doesn't WW?

greg
    I guess this should be an error in the skin you use - which would be...?

aidbish

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2007
    righthandside 3/4 way up
    Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

hi there
    just started using this plugin and eveything works great apart from the starry sky part
    if i click on starry sky, it seems to update something then displays nothing
    have i missed something??

cheers

aidbish

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

if i click on starry sky, it seems to update something then displays nothing
    Did you select (or enter) a url in the configuration of the plugin? If yes, check the url in your webbrowser and see, if it works there.

Cheers
    Alfred

Lbr_Lion

Extension Designer
    July 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: Full Package Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.9 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

all new/changed translation strings are empty, for the upcoming next release it is required to translate this (support is very welcome)

Please find attached the updated Dutch language file.

Cheers,

Attachments

• strings_nl.xml
      8.9 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Full Package Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.9 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or hi

Hi D3ltoroxp,
    Is it not installed with the installer mpei ?

no, this file is not automatically installed using the installer. Please read chapter 5.2 for a detailed explanation.

@all: I had attached a new build to the first post, this fixes some Yahoo conversion problems for US metric users.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom