WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (9 Viewers)

pmwolf

Portal Pro
July 30, 2010
Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Micropolis

I am using Defulatwide as my skin

and here is my WorldWeather.xml file

The numbers I posted where for a given time,

What skin are you using?

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
    3.3 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Hi pmwolf,
...I am using Defulatwide as my skin ... and here is my WorldWeather.xml file ...

I have install your profile and everything works fine here (see attachment). I don't know, where I can start the analysis.
Do you have copied all files (media, language, skin) to the correct place? Which results do you get, if you enter "http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?&p=59937&u=f" in your browser?

What skin are you using?

I use my own skin with a lot of development orientated functionalities in background, it's not a official skin.

Cheers, Micropolis

pmwolf

Portal Pro
July 30, 2010

Ok I am at a lost.

I reinstalled Media Portal 1.2.2.
I re-downloaded the newest edition 0.39

The only problem I can think is that it is some how tied to the skin I am using.

When I enter the URL you gave me It takes me to the screen in the attached image

Attachments

• screenYahoo.png
    screenYahoo.png
    107.4 KB

pmwolf

Portal Pro
July 30, 2010

Ok after looking into it here is what I have found

It looks like there is a problem with the value converting

In the attached images I set up two locations, one using US measurements and the other using SI measurements

The values are correct when you convert from SI to US but it looks like the SI measurements have the decimal point in the wrong location and are the wrong values

The wind says it is N 1554.6 km/h when convert to mph you get N 966 mph which is what it is telling me

However when you check weather.yahoo.com you get a wind speed of 9.66 km/h and 6 mph

if you convert 9.66km/h to mph you get 6 mph

this tells me that for the defaultwide skin it is not reading in the right value and is doing bad conversion for wind speed.

I hope these screen shoots help

Attachments

• WhitefishCelsius.png
    WhitefishCelsius.png
    681.5 KB
  • WhitefishFahrenHeit.png
    WhitefishFahrenHeit.png
    701.3 KB

kimnach

Portal Member
March 18, 2008
Hinckley, OH
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Re: AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

currently it's PurevisionHd. i always have the latest skin installed; however, the WW plugin is not. I'll give that a shot.

UPDATE: I updated from MP1.2.1 to 1.2.2 and also updated to WW 0.3.9. Well, the dates are correct (tomorrow is Friday, 20 January 2012, unlike before it would have shown tomorrow as the 19th).

The forecast is still way off. Here in Hinckley, OH (city code OHZ020) the actual forecast is for a low of 9F tonight, and a high of 29F. The WW forecast, using Google as the conditions provider, calls for a high of 54F tomorrow with a low of 37F tonight (don't I wish). The time zone is set at UTC-05:00, the city code as OHZ020, and the postal code is set (though that is for yahoo). My system clock and date are OK.

Well, at least I don't have dashes in the home screen.

Attached are an image of the google result forecast, and one using google in world weather: why so different?

31 January 2012 update: of all things, the solution for an accurate forecast was to enter the State in the City field "Hinckley, Ohio" instead of just "Hinckley".

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Full Package Build of WorldWeather plugin v0.3.9 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

Hi Micropolis,

everything works fine here.

However, 1 little request (if possible):

If I go to "Satellite Images", I have to wait until all defined images are loaded. With a slow internet connection, this takes quite a while. Is there a chance to allow switching to "Geo Clock" before all images are loaded?

Also, "load images on startup" seems not to be working here. Would be another (less preferred) option to preload all images on MP startup, not when entering the plugin.

Thanks
Alfred

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany

Dear community,
please find attached at the first post a new full package build of version v0.3.9. This is for testing purposes only, please use it at your own risk.
From my point of view, this will be the latest build before publishing the upcoming release candidate for version 0.4.0.

List of plugin related changes:
  • new properties (e.g. LocationCountry, LocationRegion)
  • support for Yahoo specific Where On Earth ID (please read chapter 4.2 carefully)
  • additional support for local/network locations of weather and starry sky images
  • refactoring of Google encoding routines
  • bug fixing for global weather provider conversion routines (big thx to pmwolf for point me into the right direction)
  • button handling changes

pmwolf: please check the changed conversion routines, thanks.
alfred: please check the button handling changes and inform me about race condition problems (means background tasks are slower as your input), thanks.
bkv: please check the refactored encoding routines for Google, thanks.

Please see the included manual for detailed information about other changes and new property definitions.

Cheers, Micropolis

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: WorldWeather plugin v0.3.5 for MediaPortal v1.2.0 or higher

@Alfred: please check the button handling changes and inform me about race condition problems (means background tasks are slower as your input), thanks.
Hi Micropolis,

hope I understood your question; if this was the problem with "not changeable display while loading images", it's solved. Works perfekt now.

"Load images on startup": I do not know when your plugin should load the images (on MP startup or on Plugin startup), but what I see is:
Images start getting loaded when I enter "Satellite images", not before. This is no more a problem now for me, because with this version I can leave the page without waiting until all images are loaded, and loading of the images continues no matter in which screen. So when I enter WorldWeather the second time, all images are loaded and ready.

:D
Alfred

Edit: Hi Micropolis, I just realized that the "actualize" (manual or automatic) obviously only does actualize the current weather, but not the images. Wouldn't it be better to actualize also the images with the automatic actualize (from config, 30 min or 1 hour)? Not very important, but maybe would be nice..

Marduk65

Portal Pro
November 28, 2011
Home Country
Italy Italy

Hi Micropolis,
attached you can find the Italian language string file for last build of version 0.3.9.

You are doing a very great job, and this plugin is everyday better; looking at every possible improvement, since you've "dropped" the weather icons from those of the individual skins, I think could be a good idea to have the possibility to use "customized" iconset. I think this could be do, for example, adding a new subdirectory level to condition directory so that who wants to use his own iconset (...of course sharing them with the community) could add them in a subdirectory under "condition" one.
Actual icons could be stored under a subdirectory called, for example, "standard" and I could add my iconset putting them in a subdirectory called, for example, "Marduk" :) (of course with high and low subdirectories) and then when you launch the plugin settings, automatically the software make a scan of condition subdirectories, and my own directory will be listed together with the standard one into a combo box for choosing as default used iconset.
I don't know if this is too much hard to program or not (I hope not so much, and... surely not for you ;) ).

What do you thing about it? (I hope all is clear (excuse me for my bad English :sorry: )).

Attachments

• strings_it.xml
    9.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom