WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Filo, have you entered your preferred names for the images in the second column of the config and the URLs in the third column?

Should look like this:

WorldWeather Config Satellite Images.JPG

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I hope this was not explained before; was searching but found not a solution:

Since 0.5.0 I do not get anything in hourly and graphical forecast; I tried with my normal skin (frames) and I tried with default wide also. Same result: Both pages are empty. The longitude/latitude should be ok, as I do get the right sunrise/sunset times. Any ideas?

Also, since 0.5.0 the automatic update of images seems to be not working any more. Any ideas about that?

Another (small) problem: From time to time I do not see the satellite image; if this appears, I find an entry in the error.log "TextureManager: exception loading texture c:\temp\WorldWeather_satellite_a3e9b34e-0ad7-4113-a30e-12573b64d8fd.gif - Allgemeiner Fehler in GDI+."
    The picture does exist and is loadable with the Browser.

Thanks
    Alfred

Attachments

• WorldWeather.xml
      21.2 KB

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,
    I hope this was not explained before; was searching but found not a solution:

Since 0.5.0 I do not get anything in hourly and graphical forecast; I tried with my normal skin (frames) and I tried with default wide also. Same result: Both pages are empty. The longitude/latitude should be ok, as I do get the right sunrise/sunset times. Any ideas?

Also, since 0.5.0 the automatic update of images seems to be not working any more. Any ideas about that?

Thanks
    Alfred
    You have to set the line ProviderHourCondition
    from the mediaportal.xml to

<entry name="ProviderHourCondition">0</entry>

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have to set the line ProviderHourCondition
    from the mediaportal.xml to
    <entry name="ProviderHourCondition">0</entry>
    Hi fishy, and thanks for the fast answer. And: It works! :)
    Fine for me, but is there a no way to do it with the plugin-configuration, or am I just too blind to find it?
    Alfred

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alfred, fischy667,
    you can use the expert settings inside the configuration dialog to reset your GUI configuration.
    Select WorldWeather in the configuration dialog, and hold down the Shift key when clicking "Config". Select the tab "Expert settings" and press the appropriate button.
    This functionality exists since latest release candidate, but isn't documented.

Cheers, Micropolis

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Micropolis,

OK. First Off - PRAISES for the 0.5.0 version. Many nice changes....and HEY - GUESS WHAT!?! My Sunrise and Sunset times are working now. All I did was copy over the files that were in the 0.5.0 package to the folders already on my machine and started up my MP software and went to the WorldWeather Plug-in and it was working fine. I need to figure out what some of the other screens are and how to make them customized for my area - but all in all I am happy.

Is there someplace that you can recommend to get images which are standardized and similar for use in the other screens (WIND, RAIN, UV INDEX, etc)? Also for use on the ASTRONOMY screens (star maps - that are common to my area)?

Thank You for such a great application.

Curtis

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    you can use the expert settings inside the configuration dialog to reset your GUI configuration.
    Great and thanks, after the reset even my second problem (no more automatic updates) from my post 1013 disappeared. (y) Time will show if even the 3rd one (which is not really a problem, just a little "inconvenience") is solved with that ...
    Cheers
    Alfred

Update: The "inconvenience" (sometimes no satellite image, "Allgemeiner Fehler in GDI+", post 1013) is still there.

rogerleifert

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2009
    Aachen
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Filo, have you entered your preferred names for the images in the second column of the config and the URLs in the third column?

Should look like this:

View attachment 101686

Hi Catavolt,

I have exactly the same problem as Filo with PureVision HD.
    When I use the Default skin all weather-images are visible.
    When I change back to PureVision HD none of the weather images is displayed.

Kind regards

Roger

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom