WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi bearhntr,
... I looked again through the .ZIP file I downloaded from the first of this forum, and the Hover_worldweather.png file does not exist in the 0..4.5 download. I triple checked it. I did download the 0.5.0 file and it was there. I have placed it in the Skin\Media folder for the Default and DefaultWide skins. I now have the icon...

Ok, in this case it was my fault, sorry. It will be corrected with the next release at the end of this week.

As far as my configuration - I have a Windows 7 Professional (x86) machine, Quad-Core CPU with 4GB of RAM, MSSQL 2008 express with all service packs and all other Windows updates installed. No other software is currently installed other than MediaPortal 1.2.2 and MSSQL 2008 Exp and the WorldWeather Plugin. I am using the LAV Filters 0.49 and the extensions to match. I have also added all three of the Icon sets from the forum post #1 here.

It's helpful, if you put these settings into your personal system specifications, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/account/systemspecs.

I'll give feedback later this evening.
Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello!
    I tested the new v0.5.0 RC and everything works fine so far. But I noticed something strange in yr.no hourly forecast. The precipitation forecast shows -1mm for me.. shouldn't it be 0 mm? I use the option "round value" if this does matter.
    I attached two screenhots to be more clear..

3.jpg4.jpg

Thank you for your work! =)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    attached at the first post please find a new release candidate version of WorldWeather v0.5.0.
    This version contains enhancements to expert settings, the announced bug fix for reported hourly/graphical condition (thx to Holzi) and minimal changes to time zone handling routines.

@bearhntr: From my point of view the whole calculation problem isn't fixed completely. The time zone API is very complex and it's not possible today to test and implement all rules and exceptions. Hopefully I can find a way in the next days. Please be aware, that all relevant changes are for current release candidate only, I do not want to publish a bug fix version for v0.4.5.

Cheers, Micropolis

bearhntr

Portal Member
    December 12, 2011
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi bearhntr,
    ... I looked again through the .ZIP file I downloaded from the first of this forum, and the Hover_worldweather.png file does not exist in the 0..4.5 download. I triple checked it. I did download the 0.5.0 file and it was there. I have placed it in the Skin\Media folder for the Default and DefaultWide skins. I now have the icon...

Ok, in this case it was my fault, sorry. It will be corrected with the next release at the end of this week.

As far as my configuration - I have a Windows 7 Professional (x86) machine, Quad-Core CPU with 4GB of RAM, MSSQL 2008 express with all service packs and all other Windows updates installed. No other software is currently installed other than MediaPortal 1.2.2 and MSSQL 2008 Exp and the WorldWeather Plugin. I am using the LAV Filters 0.49 and the extensions to match. I have also added all three of the Icon sets from the forum post #1 here.

It's helpful, if you put these settings into your personal system specifications, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/account/systemspecs.

I'll give feedback later this evening.
    Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis,

I have posted my system settings - I know I had done that once before.

If I choose to go to the latest version - what is necessary to perform this jump? Do I have to uninstall everything and start over?

I noticed that even though the yr.Weather which I had installed before and have since uninstalled - still has an entry in the PLUGINS area of the Configuration Tool. How do I get rid of it. I have already deleted all the folder associated with it.

Curtis

Cruzer

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Here is a scrfeen shot of what I get with the settings above:

Note the Sunrise and Sunset times are off by two hours.

I reported this error in post #938. The next post says that it is fixed in a later release. I'm just waiting for 0.50 to be officially released and the corresponding skin files. Just be patient or try one of the test builds / RC. This is an awesome plugin that has added feature upon feature at an extremely fast rate. Micropolis has been very responsive and has created a great weather plugin.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi bearhntr,
    .. If I choose to go to the latest version - what is necessary to perform this jump? Do I have to uninstall everything and start over?

to install the release candidate version, please copy all files from the release folder to the appropriate plugin/language/skin/media folders. See the included manual for a step-by-step description.
    If you had installed a release candidate version prior between v0.4.6 and v0.4.9, please delete the entries
    • <entry name="ProviderCurrentCondition"></entry>
    • <entry name="ProviderForecastCondition"></entry>
    • <entry name="ProviderHourCondition"></entry>
    from mediaportal.xml (section "World Weather") before using version v0.5.0.
    Please be aware, that the release candidate version contains architectural and skin changes. Because of this, it is required to configure your weather images again.

... I noticed that even though the yr.Weather which I had installed before and have since uninstalled - still has an entry in the PLUGINS area of the Configuration Tool. How do I get rid of it. I have already deleted all the folder associated with it.

Please go to the folder "c:\program files (x86)\team mediaportal\mediaportal\plugins" and delete the yrWeather specific library manually.

For the next days I'm on a business trip and can't answer any questions.

Cheers, Micropolis

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ..the announced bug fix for reported hourly/graphical condition (thx to Holzi) ..

Hello!
    This works fine now. But would it be possible to show "1mm" as "1 mm"? (with space between value and mm) It would look better in my opinion. Or does this come straight from the provider?
    Thank you! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom