WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

FloMann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2008
    FFM
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    actually i use MePo 1.2.1 (Default Wide Skin on WinXP)with World Weather v0.3.0, because of problems with Google Weather Api,
    update to V0.6.0 was realized. Now i used Wetter.com as Provider and it works fine, I can select WW Plugin in Home Classic Menü.
    So one Problem, in Home "Basic" the big Weather button dont work(button on the right side, in newer Mepo Version here is per
    default a different button ´)to select World Weather Plugin.
    With World Weather V0.5.0 the WeatherButton in Home Basic Works, but i cant use wetter.com in this old version.
    In Version 0.5.6 of WorldWeather the same problem like with V0.6 occoures, Versions between i cant test, because i did not find them to download.
    Has anyone a idea what work wrong with my installation/configuration?? or newer Versions of World weather dosent support the Weather Button
    in Home Basic with default wide skin??

Thanks

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If WW is installed correctly and enabled in MP Config, the button will be shown in DefaultWide (in MP 1.2.3)
    If this button is not shown, then something is wrong with your setup ;)

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Has anyone read the documentation (pdf) that´s shipped with the plugin?
    I know that WW is a very complex plugin with all it´s features, so may be a look into the documentation would help?
    All your questions are answered there ;)

OK...I'm going through the config thoroughly in expert mode and using Default Wide as the skin. Now I can't even see WW listed in the home menu! What the hell am I doing wrong???!!! o_O All WW xml files are in the Default Wide skin folder.

Current frustration levels at critical! :mad: Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNG

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    First of all: put WW in MP Config -> Plugins in "Home", not in "Plugins".
    Even if it was in "Plugins", you should see it in the Classic Home menu under "Plugins" (your second screenshot) ;)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    First of all: put WW in MP Config -> Plugins in "Home", not in "Plugins".
    Even if it was in "Plugins", you should see it in the Classic Home menu under "Plugins" (your second screenshot) ;)

OK...WW was already configured in "Home"...cache folder deleted...restart MP...and still no listing for WW???!!!
    I_ANGR~1.GIF
    K_CRYING.GIF
    Capture.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture6.PNGCapture7.PNG

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK...WW was already configured in "Home"...cache folder deleted...restart MP...and still no listing for WW???!!!
    Hi,
    1. in coufiguration - plugins - ww - settings: Did you check "Enable background mode"? If yes, WW will not show up in your menu.
    2. if no, I would go to "Expert settings" and "Reset GUI settings". This should help if the config file is corrupted.

Alfred

blair_haynes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, firstly I just want to say what a great plugin this is. Absolutly brilliant, and I'm loving the fact that it has been developed so quickly. Opensource rocks!

My question is for the developers, and is as follows:

What is the possibility of adding more sources for WW?

This might be a slightly selfish request, but I'd love to see added to this a source for New Zealand as the weather data from all the sources is terribly out of date.

If I were to know what a provider would need to supply (API or similar), then I'd happily make the approace to them and see if I could gett things moving.

Does this sound feaible?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hi,
    1. in coufiguration - plugins - ww - settings: Did you check "Enable background mode"? If yes, WW will not show up in your menu.
    2. if no, I would go to "Expert settings" and "Reset GUI settings". This should help if the config file is corrupted.

Alfred

Problem solved...thank you sir! I had the "Enable Background Mode" checked.
    smiley-hug008.gif

Trying to understand though why WW would still show in the main menu in other skins even with "Enable Background Mode" checked?

hilfer

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    Hi all:

I'm getting this error message everytime:

"error loading weather condition data from google"

No matter which location select !! any ideas ??

MP 1.2.2.
    WW 6.0.0

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi hilfer, this was mentioned over and over again in this thread: Google weather seems to be dead atm ;)
    Therefor AccuWeather was added.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom