WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (6 Viewers)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Its a flash player only setting, cannot even see any setting in the "global" section that would automatically select fullscreen for you.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html

ps 5 hours is not that long a time to get a reply ;)

I do know that sometimes adding an additional instruction within the website address will allow fullscreen but it does seem that flash player doesn't allow for this...or am I wrong?

I have tried downloading the weather videos at scheduled times throughout the day as and when they are updated on the BBC website using a third party app, which is fine and works well as I can overwrite the outdated video with the most recent one. The problem is getting these videos to play within the WW plugin. I've tried Sky's weather videos from their website too but still no joy ( BBC videos = *.flv, Sky videos = *.mp4 ). Is there any way of launching WMP or the built in player from within WW? I've also tried using the Opera browser instead of BrowseTheWeb but this seems to give me additional config problems as the former will play flash videos with no problem but Opera tells me that I have the wrong version of flash installed ( which I haven't ) and won't play the video.

Doesn't anyone else think being able to play weather forecast videos within WW would be a nice addition?

P.S. Yes...I am keen to get WW config finally "put to bed"...and did actually originally post on 1st Sept on the same issue.
    smiley-sad016.gif

Many thanks for any help in advance.

Last edited:

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    I'm having a problem with icon
    night+mist = icon of moon + cloud + snow !!!
    (can't give you picture because it's cloudy at the moment!)
    do you notice the same ?

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Hello,
    I'm having a problem with icon
    night+mist = icon of moon + cloud + snow !!!
    (can't give you picture because it's cloudy at the moment!)
    do you notice the same ?

You must have a problem with your icon mapping. Look at the mapping xml file within the WW config (expert mode) and check the numbers listed for each weather condition in that xml against your icon numbers (file name) for each weather condition in your weather icons folder. The number in the WW xml file should match the icon number (file name) for that given weather condition in the icons folder. If not, just rename the icon to match the weather condition.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    how to access expert settings ?
    Once again, a look to the manual would help :sneaky: : If you open the manual and just search for "expert", you will find
    4.9 Expert Settings
    The configuration dialog allows you to edit some expert settings. By default, the appropriate options are hidden and will be shown only, if you hold down the Shift key when pressing the “Config” button.
    Cheers
    Alfred

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    after my vacation I want to start with a new build, which includes major enhancements and updates/fixes for posted problems.

Summary of changes
    • remove of weather provider support for “Google”
    • add weather provider support for “WeatherBug” incl. key management enhancements
    • add weather provider support for “Weather Underground” incl. key management enhancements (I know, this is a decision against my own principles, love it or hate it)
    • add weather provider support for “Foreca"
    • add weather map provider support for “Open Weather Map” incl. configuration and context menu enhancements
    • add pressure unit “Inch” and appropriate conversion routines
    • notifications/confirmations will be suppressed now in case of full screen is visible
    • fix for possible exceptions, if configuration is corrupt or doesn’t match to plugin version
    • updated language files (thx to dncv and renault for portuguese and russian translations)
    • rework of weather icon mapping file to reflect new weather providers
    To get more transparency about implemented weather and map provider, please take a look to the comparison sheet (see manual).
    To install this build, please copy the required libraries to the appropriate plugin folder, replace the language files, copy the new provider logos to the documented skin folder and replace/modify the weather icon mapping file.

@blair_haynes
    ... What is the possibility of adding more sources for WW? ...
    Hopefully this version fullfill you request.

@kjegibbons
    ... For me, a nice addition to WW would be to have a few options within WW config specifically for playing web weather videos using the inbuilt video player rather than a browser as the player could play fullscreen by default...
    I've made more than one experimental build to support such functionality, but it fails with different problems. For example, some of the biggest problem is the missing native support for flash files.

@FillR
    ... voici une traduction complète du plugin pour WorldWeather 0.6.0...
    Could you please provide updated language files here? From my point of view this is a better place to track and inform you about language file changes.

@Translators
    The provided language file contains major changes, please help me with updates. As always, please use the english file as your reference.

Also I want you give a quick information about the future of this plugin: with the upcoming release of v0.6.5 I would sound the bell for the last round of nightly builds. I've plan to support Open Weather Map as weather condition provider and related enhancements. After this, a final version would see the light at the first birthday (end of october) of this plugin.

Finally let me say thanks to different members and moderators to support me with helpful posts during my absence. Once again I want to point the user attention to the release related manual, most of answers for questions from the last 2 weeks can be find there.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi All,

Here are the french translations for this excellent plugin. Let me know if there are any mistakes.

Attachments

• WorldWeather 0.6.0 french 1.1 - translation.rar
      2.7 KB
    • WorldWeather 0.6.4 french 1.1 - translation.rar
      3 KB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Alfred,
    ... shouldn't it be "psi" ? Inch is - as far as I know - length...
    You are right, but Weather Underground use the unit "in" for pressure. Take a look to the homepage of this provider, enter a location and chance to US metrics.
    Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    ... For me, a nice addition to WW would be to have a few options within WW config specifically for playing web weather videos using the inbuilt video player rather than a browser as the player could play fullscreen by default...
    I've made more than one experimental build to support such functionality, but it fails with different problems. For example, some of the biggest problem is the missing native support for flash files.

How about a built in Windows app to download video files from URL's at given times and even video format conversion "on the fly" to overcome the Flash problem. The downloaded files could have date or time stamps as a file name so as only a given or specified amount of files are available to minimize disk usage. In my experience these video files are quite small, ie. BBC = 10 Mb, SKY = 8.5 Mb. Is this not possible?

I would be more than willing to assist if I can.

Regards.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom