WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (14 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello kjegibbons,
How about a built in Windows app to download video files from URL's at given times and even video format conversion "on the fly" to overcome the Flash problem. The downloaded files could have date or time stamps as a file name so as only a given or specified amount of files are available to minimize disk usage. In my experience these video files are quite small, ie. BBC = 10 Mb, SKY = 8.5 Mb. Is this not possible?
Download and "on-the-fly" conversion is one part, the integration and smooth display in MediaPortal is the other.
From my point of view your scenario is too expensive to implement and could not been realized without coding interfaces, codec support etc. Actually, the best place to play some video material is the excellent OnlineVideo plugin, I do not want to produce renewed code to reflect your wish or request. Maybe a simple solution for you is to include a extra skin button to open a specific OnlineVideo page.

I would be more than willing to assist if I can.
Create/send me the appropriate C# code and we can think about the integration in a future version.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I would be more than willing to assist if I can.
    Create/send me the appropriate C# code and we can think about the integration in a future version.

Cheers, Micropolis[/quote]

Thank you sir.

Already started working on it.
    smiley-computer001.gif

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    how to access expert settings ?
    Once again, a look to the manual would help :sneaky: : If you open the manual and just search for "expert", you will find
    4.9 Expert Settings
    The configuration dialog allows you to edit some expert settings. By default, the appropriate options are hidden and will be shown only, if you hold down the Shift key when pressing the “Config” button.
    Cheers
    Alfred
    Thanks.
    The button you mentioned is gray, i can't access

Last edited:

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did not mention any button. Which button is gray?
    Sorry, but if you expect help, you should invest maybe a little bit more time to inform others about your problem. Right now you are more or less just saying "something does not work".
    It also would help in many cases if you fill out your system specification.
    Alfred

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Sorry, but if you expect help, you should invest maybe a little bit more time to inform others about your problem. Right now you are more or less just saying "something does not work".
    Alfred

Sorry it was not you but kjegibbons about the button 'condition mapping'. This button is gray.
    If you answered me i suppose you wondered why i was looking for 'expert settings'.
    Sorry to bother you with my questions. If you don't want to help just don't answer.
    My system specification are filled (Windows7, MP 1.2.3, TV Orange,).
    I will check why they are not shown.

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Alfred

Sorry it was not you but kjegibbons about the button 'condition mapping'. This button is gray.
    If you answered me i suppose you wondered why i was looking for 'expert settings'.
    Sorry to bother you with my questions. If you don't want to help just don't answer.
    My system specification are filled (Windows7, MP 1.2.3, TV Orange,).
    I will check why they are not shown.

The "condition mapping" button within config opens up this file in Notepad to allow editing of the file...Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

Do you have this file in your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder? If yes, have you actually tried clicking on the "grayed out" button as they are all grayed out by default.

If the button in config does not work you could try uninstalling and re-installing WW (save all your links within WW config to a text document first as you will have to reconfigure WW). Otherwise you could open the icon mapping xml directly from the C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder using Notepad or any other text editor.

Acteo

Portal Pro
    August 15, 2005
    Echiré, France
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks,
    I have not such a file.
    Capture2.PNG
    Uninstall - re-install did not change anything. I also tried to uninstall + delete all files related to ww.
    I use MP1.2.3 + Avalon + WW 0.6
    Capture.PNG

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Thanks,
    I have not such a file.
    View attachment 111200
    Uninstall - re-install did not change anything. I also tried to uninstall + delete all files related to ww.
    I use MP1.2.3 + Avalon + WW 0.6
    View attachment 111199

Hmmm...don't know why the fresh install isn't installing all the xml files.
    smiley-confused005.gif

You could try installing WW manually by downloading the zip file instead of the mpe1...at least then you should have all the xml files needed.

You should have 4 WW xml files in your C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal folder....Capture.PNG....this must be the reason why your buttons in the Expert tab are grayed out because the files aren't in the folder.

Don't forget to clear your cache folder and resetting the GUI may help. Also cleaning your registry with a good registry checker may not be a bad idea.

Last edited:

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I am missing some of those files too - they are also not in the latest installation package (image from the install package)

That would explain why they aren't being installed!

Attachments

• files.png
      files.png
      37.6 KB
    Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear SpudR, kjegibbons, Acteo,
    ... That would explain why they aren't being installed! ...
    both files (WorldWeatherIconMapping.xml and WorldWeatherWebsites.xml) are optional and will be not installed automatically, because they contain user-specific settings. Also, the term "expert settings" suggest this, both files are NOT required to run the plugin.
    If you want to use these settings, download and open a nightly build or the zip-file from the first post, go to the documentation folder and copy it to the appropriate folder (see chapter "Expert Settings" in the manual). After this, you can edit/change the settings for your needs.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom