WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (12 Viewers)

FillR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 16, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi Micropolis,

I should admit that I also have problems with some of the plugin functions, for example my personal dates never appear in the calendar, the starry night don't use my URL, etc...

I've not raised any issues because I dont' understand if the problems are linked to the plugin, linked to the skin (StreamedMP), or to me...

Anyway, this plugin is the greatest meteo plugin, I'm ready to help to help testing or describing issue I have.

Let me know what you need,

Thanks.

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I expected that the frustration will not be reduced after my vacation. I really do not know if I still want to keep going.

Micropolis
    You will always find a few a....holes, but most people are OK. Keep up the good work! (y)

Hmmmm.....are you referring to me? I hope not!

This is not a debate that I wish to get involved in. However, I have posted my issues in good faith and resorting to personal insults is in no way helpful, regardless to whom they may be directed at. Therefore, I shall ignore them. Having said that, who exactly are these a...holes you refer to? Would you care to name them so as we all can be enlightened? Please do not turn this forum into a circus of childish behavior of swapping insults, otherwise this forum will be redundant and no use to anyone.

Hi Micropolis,

I should admit that I also have problems with some of the plugin functions, for example my personal dates never appear in the calendar, the starry night don't use my URL, etc...

I've not raised any issues because I dont' understand if the problems are linked to the plugin, linked to the skin (StreamedMP), or to me...

Anyway, this plugin is the greatest meteo plugin, I'm ready to help to help testing or describing issue I have.

Let me know what you need,

Thanks.

Thank you for your positive input, it seems that I am not the only one with these identical issues.

@kjegibbons:
    kjegibbons said:
    ... But could I suggest that an "Idiots Guide To WW config" pdf (for want of a better word) be created for the likes of me and others that goes into more detail and explains the affects of changing different parts of the config would have on the GUI and in what circumstances one would want to change them.​
    Maybe a good idea, please allocate time and write a (that's you term) "idiot" guide in the next days.

The term "An Idiots Guide To...." is in no way derogatory and is a well known series of books published worldwide for technical applications that are explained in layman's terms, originally developed for novice computer users. Probably a better phrase of words would be "Expert Guide" and "Beginners Guide". I do not think anyone familiar with the publications would be insulted by my use of the term.

If you, or anyone else is prepared to write a short description explaining each entry in the config, its affects and why one would want to change settings for their particular needs, then I would be more than happy to submit a draft pdf for proof reading and final approval before release.

Regards.

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So, back to the technical things....;)
    There is a very easy way to check if a problem is skin related: Just change for testing to one of the default skins; if it works there, its a skin problem.
    Cheers
    Alfred

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    So, back to the technical things....;)
    There is a very easy way to check if a problem is skin related: Just change for testing to one of the default skins; if it works there, its a skin problem.
    Cheers
    Alfred

I have already stated that I am using the DefaultWide skin for exactly the reasons you describe. What next?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Holzi:
    ... I got a small problem tho: #WorldWeather.LocationCountry doesn't seem to work for me....
    Currently the plugin display a country result only, if it was supported by selected weather provider. I would chance the logic asap, means if the return result is empty the selected country from the configuration will be shown.
    Micropolis
    Thanks for the explanation. I though I did something wrong. ;)

AlfredENeuma

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have already stated that I am using the DefaultWide skin for exactly the reasons you describe. What next?
    It would be helful if you post your WorldWeather.xml and your MediaPortal.xml (when you are in default skin); so somebody who is willing to help will be able to use your configuration and see if it is a config problem.
    Alfred

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    It would be helful if you post your WorldWeather.xml and your MediaPortal.xml (when you are in default skin); so somebody who is willing to help will be able to use your configuration and see if it is a config problem.
    Alfred

Thank you for the advice sir.

Files attached.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
      74.2 KB
    • WorldWeather.xml
      29.4 KB

erichzann

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 25, 2011
    Oxford
    Home Country
    Could someone please give me the settings they use for UK weather. I am not having much success with Yahoo or Accuwether.

It may be that I am entering the location details wrongly.

Thanks

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Could someone please give me the settings they use for UK weather. I am not having much success with Yahoo or Accuwether.

It may be that I am entering the location details wrongly.

Thanks

Is this any use to you? Capture.PNG Capture1.PNG

You'll have to register with World Weather Online to obtain a key, if you haven't already got one. You'll also have to enter your locations latitude and longitude in decimal format including any minus sign if any, as mine has. A good and easy one to use is http://itouchmap.com/latlong.html as you can get the co-ordinates right to your doorstep. Note that the WW config shows the longitude entry first!

Regards.
    smiley-greet009.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom