WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (11 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi helsten2,
... I was looking at the chart an noticed that the temperature value 5 was repeated ...
I remember, that there was some rounding problems before.
It's very helpful, if you test the latest release candidate with your current weather settings. Otherwise please tell me the weather location quickly to have enough time to reproduce this.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    It's very helpful, if you test the latest release candidate with your current weather settings. Otherwise please tell me the weather location quickly to have enouigh time to reproduce this.
    Thank you for your prompt answer :)

I tried RC3 and the same thing happens (now 3 and 8 were duplicated).

Weather location:
    jshan9.png

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,
    with RC4 characters size in charts are much better, but I think probably there is still something to be adjusted in Y axis values sequence (see attached screenshot; unit steps are 2°C, but after 18 there is 21 instead of 20).

Ciao

WWHistoryChartScale.jpg

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear Marduk65,
    ... with RC4 characters size in charts are much better, but I think probably there is still something to be adjusted in Y axis values sequence (see attached screenshot; unit steps are 2°C, but after 18 there is 21 instead of 20)...
    X and Y value sequences are calculated and rounded, means the scale values depends on your input values (hour temperature, history temperature etc.). I can't change anything here, this would break all other mathematical formulas. If you would use scale values with the same step size, the complete chart routines must be redesigned completely.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    X and Y value sequences are calculated and rounded, means the scale values depends on your input values (hour temperature, history temperature etc.). I can't change anything here, this would break all other mathematical formulas. If you would use scale values with the same step size, the complete chart routines must be redesigned completely.

...no problem, Micropolis, my reporting was only to refine something that is already perfect as is (y) ; after all the purpose of historycal charts is to have an idea of historycal trends, and this is perfectly done by the actual implementation of History view of the plugin.
    Still in "little improvement of Y axis appearance" matter, if it's possible without a too much hard job, I suggest to align all labels to the right instead of the left; this could avoid the little overlapping in pressure chart as for attached screenshot.

Cheers

WWHistoryChartYAxis.jpg

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it correct that after hard-coding an entry with a parameter......Capture2.PNG......that this will remove entries from the dropdown bar in the config......Capture4.PNG......?

If I change the entry order so as the entry with the parameter is further down the list......Capture.PNG......then entries show only to the point where the parameter is......Capture1.PNG......?

Regards.

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi Micropolis,
    One question regarding the hour-by-hour graph. Can it handle minus degrees?

Today the temperatures have been between 0-7 and the graph has been perfect.
    Now, however, the forecast have some minus degrees, and the graph does no seem to like it. In the graph below, max=5 and min=-2:
    34il9js.png

Another question, regarding skinning. I like to have different text color for plus and minus degrees - so I tried to use the Visible tag:
    HTML:
    <visible>string.equals(#WorldWeather.View,Condition)+string.equals(#WorldWeather.ConditionView,Hour)+!string.equals(#WorldWeather.ForecastHour0StartDay, )+!string.contains(#WorldWeather.ForecastHour0Temperature,'-')</visible>
    However, string.contains(#WorldWeather.ForecastHour0Temperature,'-') is always false, even if the value is -1 or -2.
    Do you have a better idea?

Thanks again.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Marduk65, helsten2, kjegibbons,
    ... if it's possible without a too much hard job, I suggest to align all labels to the right instead of the left...
    I had implement the required changes, please check the release candidate 5.

... Can it handle minus degrees? ...
    My calculation routine changes from yesterday evening wasn't completely correct, I revert some changes and now it must be work as expected.

... I like to have different text color for plus and minus degrees ...
    I'll check this tomorrow evening.

... then entries show only to the point where the parameter is...
    With your manual changes you had broken the xml structure, because "<" and ">" are not valid inside xml tags. You must mask the appropriate character with &lt; for "<" and &gt; for ">". As a reference, please take a look into the file "WorldWeatherWebsites.xml".

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom