WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (14 Viewers)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ... Can it handle minus degrees? ...
    My calculation routine changes from yesterday evening wasn't completely correct, I revert some changes and now it must be work as expected.
    RC5 fixed the problem - see below:
    2nq6x6f.png

... I like to have different text color for plus and minus degrees ...
    I'll check this tomorrow evening.
    I found my mistake. You need to write
    string.contains(#WorldWeather.ForecastHour0Temperature,-)
    without single quotes (') around the -
    Then I can do what I like in the Visible tag:
    2w7ohs4.png

Thanks again (y)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Just a couple of observations:

Hourly forecast - YR web page vs WorldWeather (WW) (weather data from yr.no):
    x3wkzd.png

The temperature on WW is always 1-2 degrees lower than the yr.no web page
    Wind: Isn't 1m/s = 3.6 km/h?

=====================

Historical data from WeatherUnderground:

nqqkwl.png

On 23.10.2008 we had rainy weather, but the precipitation was 0mm. Is that possible?
    I also noticed that the max Wind is always pretty high ...

=================

I assume that these "peculiarities" are data related and not bugs.

So my question would be: Who are the most reliable providers? Any experiences?

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,

... The temperature on WW is always 1-2 degrees lower than the yr.no web page ...
    As described in the weather provider comparison chart, WorldWeather use location related longitude/latitude values to determine the hourly weather conditions. Maybe there is the root of the difference you had seen between the plugin and website.

... On 23.10.2008 we had rainy weather, but the precipitation was 0mm. Is that possible? ...
    In this case I suppose Weather Underground has no historical information saved, the default value is 0.

So my question would be: Who are the most reliable providers? Any experiences?
    Hm, it's a difficult question, because I don't know, which country has enlarged high quality weather station networks. My personal opinion is wetter.com (for Germany) and WorldWeatherOnline and Yahoo for other countries (but this providers doesn't support history or hourly condition reports).

@All: I'd uploaded a new release candidate, this fix some minor chart calculation issues and better prevention for chart overflow exceptions.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

xavier

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2004
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,

I remember you an old but unresolved bug.

The RSS parsing routine do not filter some control codes (apostrophes and accented letters).

RSS_Text.jpg

Not essential, but since we are at release candidate ... ;)

Regards,
    xavier.

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Possible bug in the History graph calculation - see screenshot. MAX=13, MIN=8 but the graph shows around 5.5 as average - which is impossible. It has to be between 8 and 13, right? Or have I misinterpreted the graph?
    I guess it could also be an error in the data feed from the provider.
    MP-History2.png

EDIT:
    I did some more investigation - basically checked the provider data. So I can see there is no calculations done - so no bug ;)
    As far as I can see Average MAX is used in the chart for 2008 and Mean Temperature for the other years (which I think is correct).

WU-History2.png

Last edited:

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Is it correct that when configuring weather images that only 11 (0-10) images out of a total of 12 entries in the config can be used?

Regards.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi kjegibbons,
    Is it correct that when configuring weather images that only 11 (0-10) images out of a total of 12 entries in the config can be used?
    the behavior isn't correct, if WorldWeather would work as you described. If I fill all weather images fields in the configuration, I can see 12 images in cache and 12 images on screen. Maybe one image couldn't be downloaded correctly or does not exists anymore?

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom