WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Dear kjegibbons,

@kjegibbons
    ... Is it possible to configure more than one weather feed? ...
    Sure. Do you want to see different feeds or the merge into only one?

Cheers, Micropolis

I'm currently working on skin files for Avallonis and have configured a feed on the "condition" window...... Capture10.PNG

and would like to have an astronomy feed on the "astronomy" window......Capture11.PNG

but, as yet, haven't figured out how to do this as there is only one entry in the config for a feed.

Regards.

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dear kjegibbons,

@kjegibbons
    ... Is it possible to configure more than one weather feed? ...
    Sure. Do you want to see different feeds or the merge into only one?

Cheers, Micropolis

I'm currently working on skin files for Avallonis and have configured a feed on the "condition" window......View attachment 113709

and would like to have an astronomy feed on the "astronomy" window......View attachment 113710

but, as yet, haven't figured out how to do this as there is only one entry in the config for a feed.

Regards.

Looks great! Even better than my home made skinfiles.. Keep going! :)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I'm sure you had switched on the option "Calculate average" in the expert settings tab. In this case, the plugin shows 1 graph with the average value, if it's switched off you can see 2 independent graphs for minimum and maximum temperature.
    You are right ... learning something new every day :p

But I still think there is something fuzzy about 2008.
    I my previous attachment, MIN= -4 and MAX= 3. How can average be 6 ?

Below please find another attachment with MIN and MAX graphs (I unchecked "Calculate average" ;))
    Again you will see that the graphs does not reflect the MIN= -4 and MAX= 3 for 2008.
    MP-History4.png

Or have I completely misunderstood something here?

Regards

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear helsten2,
    ... But I still think there is something fuzzy about 2008. I my previous attachment, MIN= -4 and MAX= 3. How can average be 6 ? ...
    Maybe this is a problem with the curve routine (in C# you must think in a array of points, which will be calculated and concatenated by internal .NET routines). Is it possible to reproduce this issue with another graph type (e.g. points or lines)? Point, Line, Bar and Peak chart types will be drawn in another way.

Cheers, Micropolis

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    exactly 1 year before I started with the first realization steps of this plugin. Now, after approximately 15.000 lines of code later, a lot of cup of coffees, helpful and controverse discussions, many enhancement requests and support from different community members I'm happy to present you the final version of World Weather.

Congratulations, after spending the last few weeks doing some very basic minimal programming to try and improve mediaportal I can only imagine how much hard it must be to create and maintain a plugin like this. Well done, I appreciate your hard work and long hours put into this.

Marduk65

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2011
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi Micropolis,
    I wanna suggest a little improvement (if possible, of course); if I'm not mistaken, currently the property #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirectionImage points to the same type of wind direction images of #WorldWeather.ForecastHour<digit>7WindDirectionImage (east.png, north.png, south.png, west.png, southeast.png, southwest.png etc.) while the property #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirection have finest indications (NNW, ESE, SSE etc.); Would it be possible to change #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirectionImage to have the same results of #WorldWeather.TodayWindDirection? (of course the related images would be named as NNW.png, ESE.png, WNW.png, N.png, W.png, NW.png etc.)

As always many thanks for your effort on this wonderful plugin
    Ciao

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    as a result of the request from @kjegibbons and @Marduk65 you can find at the well known place the newest nightly build v1.0.1 for testing purposes.

Plugin related changes
    • support for up to 3 feeds
    • more granularity for weather direction images
    Skin related changes
    • rename of weather feed related properties (e.g. #WorldWeather.Feed to #WorldWeather.Feed<digit>Text, #WorldWeather.FeedDescription to #WorldWeather.Feed<digit>Description), please see the included manual for more information
    • update of wind direction images, now "east.png", "eastnortheast.png", "eastsoutheast.png", "north.png", "northeast.png", "northnortheast.png", "northnorthwest.png", "northwest.png", "south.png", "southeast.png", "southsoutheast.png", "southsouthwest.png", "southwest.png", "west.png", "westnorthwest.png" and "westsouthwest.png" can be used
    Due to the feed changes, it is required to re-configure the appropriate profile settings again.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom