WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi helsten2, schumach,

@helsten2:
... As you can see from the screen shots, the different conditions/forecasts do not match (notice that there is only 2 minutes between each screenshot for pictures 2, 3 and 4). (EDIT: I just noticed that the same issue seems to apply if I use "Refresh" from the menu just after a background refresh) ...
Sorry, maybe I'm blind. If I use my primary locations with my defined providers, I can't reproduce this issue.

... If you look at screenshots 1 and 3 you will see that we passed midnight and the days in the column headings of the forecast are shifted to the left, but the forecasts are not! ...
The same. But I assume, that this is a provider related issue. Maybe there is a publishing delay or whatever.

... Another thing I have noticed (no screenshots here) - is that if I use #WorldWeather.ImageWeather0 in my WorldWeatherNormalCondition screen, it displays OK after a background refresh or if I vist the WorldWeatherImage screen. But if I visit a different location (without any image assigned), #WorldWeather.ImageWeather0 will be blank and #WorldWeather.ImageWeather0Enabled will be false when I return to my default location (again using the Location menu). The picture is NOT refreshed if i use "Refresh" from the menu. ...
Until today evening this was the normal behavior. I'd try to implement a solution, the result you can find in a new nightly build. This version contains a new option "force image refresh after location change", using this you can control the refresh functionality (please be aware, that this option is due to compatibility issues turned off by default).

... Maybe this is because I am not using the #WorldWeather.ImageWeather0 as you intended (the picture re-appears after a background refresh). ...
Could you explain me this a little bit more?

... I also noticed the duplicated temperature bug in the graph view ...
I thought, I have explained this before. The word "bug" is not the correct definition, because the axis labels are calculated and rounded by default to the nearest position. For example, if you have a small range between temperatures, you can have calculated values with a lower bound of 3.6 and higher bound 3.9. Both are rounded to 4 and will be displayed as axis label. You can try it for yourself: disable the option "round axis labels" in the expert settings and compare the result with my statement.

@schumach:
... Here is the screen shot when in WorldWeather ...
This helps in no way, sorry. Please post your weather configuration (worldweather.xml from c:\program data\team mediaportal\mediaportal), logs and other useful stuff. Otherwise anybody can only guess the root cause.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Sorry, maybe I'm blind. If I use my primary locations with my defined providers, I can't reproduce this issue.
    OK. I thought maybe you were getting the data slightly different depending on user navigation (automatic/manual). Or maybe a cache related issue, or a variable that had not been initialized correctly, or ...
    It does not happen all the time, but often enough to be visible. That's why I spent some time on testing it - to make sure it wasn't the red wine ....;) As you saw on the screen shots, the background task will always give you one condition/forecast and the Location menu will always give you another one. They are similar, but not the same.
    ...Maybe there is a publishing delay or whatever.
    That is possible, yes.
    Until today evening this was the normal behavior. I'd try to implement a solution, the result you can find in a new nightly build. This version contains a new option "force image refresh after location change", using this you can control the refresh functionality (please be aware, that this option is due to compatibility issues turned off by default).
    ... Maybe this is because I am not using the #WorldWeather.ImageWeather0 as you intended (the picture re-appears after a background refresh). ...
    Could you explain me this a little bit more?
    I meant that normally the skins include a dedicated screen to display all the pictures. So what I am doing is not according to the "standard" and that would explain why it did not work as I thought.
    But I think your latest build will handle this.

Please don't feel that you have to make new versions every time I try to do something "stupid". But I must say I appreciate your support and dedication. (y)
    I thought, I have explained this before. The word "bug" is not the correct definition, because the axis labels are calculated and rounded by default to the nearest position. For example, if you have a small range between temperatures, you can have calculated values with a lower bound of 3.6 and higher bound 3.9. Both are rounded to 4 and will be displayed as axis label. You can try it for yourself: disable the option "round axis labels" in the expert settings and compare the result with my statement.
    Yes, I remember you explained something about this before. But I did not understand it properly - sorry :oops:
    I will try to disable the option "round axis labels" as you suggest.

Thanks again

Regards

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... Please don't feel that you have to make new versions every time I try to do something "stupid". But I must say I appreciate your support and dedication. ...
    Thank you. I'm really happy about your (and other useful) suggestions, detailed test and error reports.
    All of this helps me a lot to refine the plugin functionalities and make it better step by step. If I would think "what a stupid question or idea", I do not turn on my development machine and think about a better way.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    ... I'm really happy about your (and other useful) suggestions, detailed test and error reports
    Quick feedback:
    1. The "Background task" vs. "Location menu" show different weather - still happens here. Will my configuration file(s) help? If so, which ones?
    2. New function: "force image refresh after location change" (y)
    3. Disable the option "round axis labels" (y)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... The "Background task" vs. "Location menu" show different weather - still happens here. Will my configuration file(s) help? If so, which ones? ...
    Yes, please. Important is your weather profile (worldweather.xml from c:\programdata\team mediaportal\mediaportal) and the plugin settings itself (section "World Weather" from your mediaportal.xml).
    I'll take a look to this issue as soon as possible. Until the weekend I'm busy with job related tasks and events, so there's no rush.

EDIT: Is it possible to repoduce this misbehavior with each provider or is it specific for your current selection?

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

schumach

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2010
    Can I just remove the files that are listed in the .zip file and reinstall, or are there additional files that need to be deleted to remove all of WorldWeather? If there are other files can someone please list them.

I am thinking that reinstalling will take less time then troubleshooting if it was working correctly before.

Thanks,

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    View attachment 115489
    Here is the screen shot when in WorldWeather

The layout in your skin is wrong...did the layout look like in your screenshot when it was working?

Also, if you are using WW ver 1.0.1 Micropolis updated one of the drivers on 27/11 so check this and see if it makes a difference. If this doesn't help I'd try downgrading to WW ver 1.0 as ver 1.0.1 is still at "nightly build" and the only difference between the two ( as far as I'm aware) is......

"......Plugin related changes
    • support for up to 3 feeds
    • more granularity for weather direction images
    Skin related changes
    • rename of weather feed related properties (e.g. #WorldWeather.Feed to #WorldWeather.Feed<digit>Text, #WorldWeather.FeedDescription to #WorldWeather.Feed<digit>Description), please see the included manual for more information
    • update of wind direction images, now "east.png", "eastnortheast.png", "eastsoutheast.png", "north.png", "northeast.png", "northnortheast.png", "northnorthwest.png", "northwest.png", "south.png", "southeast.png", "southsoutheast.png", "southsouthwest.png", "southwest.png", "west.png", "westnorthwest.png" and "westsouthwest.png" can be used......"
    As the Avalon skin doesn't support this there doesn't seem to be much point in using WW ver 1.0.1 at the moment.

I'm releasing new skins for WW (Avallonis) imminently (hopefully today) that should work with Avalon but will need some changes in the skin files for the Avalon "Media" files for it to suit the Avalon skin.

Regards.[DOUBLEPOST=1354105365][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Can I just remove the files that are listed in the .zip file and reinstall, or are there additional files that need to be deleted to remove all of WorldWeather? If there are other files can someone please list them.

I am thinking that reinstalling will take less time then troubleshooting if it was working correctly before.

Thanks,

Yes...just remove the listed files and clear your cache...I'd always recommend running a registry checker after any uninstall.

Statick

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    sorry, i got my above post a little wrong :

when the provider is set to AccuWeather as per the default, error simply says it can't load the data from AccuWeather, not that the key is invalid. this error makes me want to change the provider, because obviously this one is unhappy for whatever reason.

however if i attempt to change the provider to a different one, it tells me that it's unable to load the data from Yr.No and that the key is invalid. it gives this same error with the same url Yr.No regardless of which provider i choose, and then when i return to the config the provider is always reverted to AccuWeather. even if i return to config immediately after saving settings, without starting MP in between, the provider is reverted to AccuWeather.

If I can I'll try and help you out with this...

"...when i return to the config the provider is always reverted to AccuWeather. even if i return to config immediately after saving settings..." Do you mean the Provider key entry returns to AccuWeather?......View attachment 115073 If so, this is normal by default.

Can you upload screenshots of your config entries.

thanks, here's an upload. this setting gives me the error "unable to load data from Yr.No". the only setting that doesn't give me this is if i change the provider key to AccuWeather, when i get an error relating to AccuWeather instead.

Attachments

• ww.png
      ww.png
      78.5 KB

kjegibbons

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2011
    Surrey
    Home Country
    Finally finished skins for World Weather "version 1.0.0 Final", although the "facade" views still need some minor work.

If you are using "version 1.0.1 Nightly Build" and want to use the additional weather feeds as per my screenshots, please delete the "comment tags" from the skin files "WorldWeatherAstronomy.xml"......Capture10.PNG ......and "WorldWeatherNormalCondition.xml"......Capture11.PNG in any text editor. If you want feeds visible in any other section, copy and paste the three "feed" entries from either of these sections to the section of your choice and change entry for the "<visible>" entry to suit.

(Tested with Win 7 x 64 / MP 1.3.0 Alpha)

Comments on improvements/suggestions welcome.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
      Capture.PNG
      3.1 MB
    • Capture1.PNG
      Capture1.PNG
      2.8 MB
    • Capture2.PNG
      Capture2.PNG
      2.9 MB
    • Capture3.PNG
      Capture3.PNG