WorldWeather plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (3 Viewers)

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Thanks again, Micropolis - you work fast !

Last message from me tonight .... (I think) ...

Release candidate 3 is ready for testing purposes.
    Installed RC3 and did a quick test. I was able to provoke your "random data quality issue" (by manual Refresh in the Historical view), and I can see you have added some code go handle it:
    23-42-41.png

I then did the following steps: Back to Normal view, then Show weather images, then Show GeoClock, then Show conditions (which gets you back to the Normal view). I then went to the Historical view:
    23-47-02.png
    As you can see, you now have valid data, but the graph is missing.

Other than that ... looks good so far :)

Regards

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hello again, Micropolis

I was just going to shut down MediaPortal, when I noticed that the Graphical view was not as I expected (sorry):
    00-33-30.png
    This has been (or supposed to be) refreshed by the 30 minutes background refresh process (at 00:20).
    1. I would have expected the first time to be 01:00 (not 00:00)
    2. The graph is missing

I did a manual Refresh from the menu, and the screen displayed as expected.

And now: Good night (I think ...)
    :sleep:

EDIT: I have now seen it a few times - after the 30 minutes background refresh process only. But it does not happen all the times and I don't know what triggers it

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... I then did the following steps: Back to Normal view, then Show weather images, then Show GeoClock, then Show conditions (which gets you back to the Normal view). I then went to the Historical view ... As you can see, you now have valid data, but the graph is missing...
    If you go back to the conditions page, WorldWeather tries to reload missing data, so differences are possible.

... This has been (or supposed to be) refreshed by the 30 minutes background refresh process (at 00:20)...
    From the code side, a timer and manual refresh are completely the same.
    All displayed values (e.g. start time of graphical view) contains provider related data. I'm not aware about delay times, refresh and update cycles for each interface, but from my point of view this can be the root cause of "invalid" data on your screen.

Cheers, Micropolis

helsten2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Good morning, Micropolis

I hope I am not driving you crazy with all my postings here ....

... but from my point of view this can be the root cause of "invalid" data on your screen.
    OK, I can accept this.
    What seems a little bit strange to me is that I have never seen these "data quality issues" in the previous versions (nightly builds - Dec 5 and earlier), but if they are random you never know when they will show up, I guess ...

Just FYI, here is another screen shot from this morning:
    10-16-27.png

EDIT:
    I left MediaPortal on the Graphical view screen this morning, and the missing chart (see my previous post) happens almost every time (after the automatic 30 minutes background refresh)

EDIT2:
    This afternoon has been much better - haven't seen anything wrong. Graphs look good ;)

Regards

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi helsten2,
    ... This afternoon has been much better - haven't seen anything wrong. Graphs look good...
    That sounds good, thank you for this.

... I hope I am not driving you crazy with all my postings here...
    No, absolutely not. I'm happy about your testing feedback. Take a look into my signature and you can read a famous quotation. Now you know what I mean...

Ok, back to business. At the first post you can find release candidate 4, which contains changes to harden the history grabber a bit more. Please take a look to the results and the related graph in the next few days.
    Additionally I had extend the troubleshooting chapter for hour and history related providers. From now on I'll be on the road, so please expect delays.

Thank you in advance and cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

charettepa

Portal Pro
    April 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I installed mediaportal 1.3 Beta today
    the 1.0.0 plugin wont install
    gives an error that its not compatible with this version

when mp 1.3 beta was released they said that all plugins compatible with alpha will work
    any idea what the issue could be

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    parallel to the publication of the milestone release MediaPortal 1.3.0 Beta I'm happy to present you the next official version of WorldWeather.
    The main goal of this release was to increase the user experience, to fix identified problems and to add suggestions from our community members. Please take a look to the following list for specific topics.

Plugin related changes
    • support for up to 3 feeds
    • more granularity for wind direction images
    • add option to choose between feed separator types
    • add option to define chart axis label display
    • race condition fix for AccuWeather
    • rework of IP based location detection
    • new properties for history related average of temperature, pressure and humidity
    • hardening of weather grabber routines
    Skin related changes
    • rename of feed related properties (for more information please see chapter 7 of the included manual)
    As every time I want to say thank you to all community members who took part in the creation, especially @helsten2 for his testing support, @catavolt for skin enhancements and @FillR for translation updates.

Cheers and best regards, Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom